Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
LED supplier expands team with North American cannabis expertValoya was founded in 2009 with the goal of creating best quality light spectra for plants, based on the rapidly growing LED technology. After having conducted more than 400 large scale trials with LED lighting technology, the spectra that Valoya uses have been fine tuned to the specific needs of various growth phases of most plants cultivated around the world. This includes Cannabis sativa which Valoya has been researching for the past two years in order to create solid growth protocols for professional cannabis cultivation.
Valoya has grown its team to include a Business Development Manager for North America, Ms. Erin Sharp, who has a strong background in LED grow lights, cannabis production and energy efficiency. Ms. Erin Sharp: “The growth potential for the medical marijuana and adult-use marijuana markets is significant- on pace for nearly $22 billion in sales by 2020. As large as it is, I respect that Valoya studied growth spectra for cultivars, and did not rush into the market as competitors have done with inferior spectra and intensity that is not optimized for cannabis.
Valoya’s growth spectra are optimized for cultivars high in cannabidiol (CBD) or have optimal Tetrahydrocannabinol/cannabidiol (THC:CBD) ratios. We seek partners who want to integrate our growth spectrum into their production systems to achieve consistent production protocols. We are more of a 2.0 plant sciences LED company as we provide a hands on team of plant and photobiologists to support our clients’ production and product strategies in order to overcome one of the most significant hurdles for the medical marijuana industry which is consistency of dosage and cannabinoid profile.
We also seek partners who want to use our precise growth wavelengths which can be integrated real time for automatic and/or remote manual control of every aspect of the indoor cultivation environment. We bring software integration solutions paired with an understanding of spectra for cannabis, but also brilliant sensor specialists all backed by investors with a long term horizon. Watch us and note that Valoya is the go to 2.0 LED plant sciences product line that will provide sustainably produced, pharmaceutical quality, and affordable medicine to patients in need.”
Valoya LED grow light fixtures range from tubes and bars which can be positioned close to the canopy to shoebox lights which can be placed very high above. This gives flexibility to growers to choose between the ‘sea of green’ or the multi-tier approach. Furthermore, some Valoya spectra produce compact while others elongated plants, giving producers options depending on the growth facility design. All fixtures deliver high intensity light, which the cannabis plant requires, while consuming small amounts of energy, being resistant to dust and humidity, and having a long, practically maintenance free lifetime of at least 50000 hours.
Valoya’s approach to clients has always been consultative so that its biologists, who make up 20% of Valoya’s staff, maintain a close contact with the client regarding the cultivation process and advise accordingly. As Valoya grows its North American cannabis market presence, the number of trials it is conducting with Cannabis sativa is increasing so that buyers of Valoya LED grow lights will not only get LED fixtures but also the cannabis cultivation know-how and care and support from its team of biologists.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/14/2017
Other news in this sector: