Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce companies again among Canada's Best Managed Companies
The Oppenheimer Group, Mastronardi Produce, Fresh Direct Produce and Red Sun Farms have all once again been named a winner in Canada’s annual face-off of best managed companies.
Oppy sustains Best Managed streak
Oppy sustains Best Managed streak
When the top organizations were announced today, Oppy’s 16 consecutive year streak continued; the company was also named to the Best Managed Platinum Club for the tenth time.
“It’s great to be named to this prestigious group once again,” said John Anderson, chairman president and CEO. “Next year, Oppy will celebrate 160 years in business. So for over 10 percent of our history, we’ve been recognized as a best managed organization. That’s a fine credit to our strategy and the amazing commitment of people across the organization.”
“This recognition is only possible because everyone at Oppy lives and expects the world from us promise day in and day out,” Anderson said. “It’s a commitment we all make, and it’s what helps us succeed in the complex landscape of our industry.”
The accolades announced today recognize Oppy’s 2016 achievements, including record revenues earned across its business units. Highlights that set the company apart last year include launching the joint venture with Rincon Fresh to strengthen its berry category; continuing to build a successful market for Jazz, Envy and Pacific Rose apples; developing demand for Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, delivering a record-breaking season for Orchard View cherries—underpinned by the new ‘Pick your moments’ brand positioning—and being recognized for having one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
SUNSET® named Best Managed 8 years strong
Mastronardi Produce is proud to announce their 8th consecutive year of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Mastronardi Produce is thrilled to have maintained Platinum member status as one of Canada’s Best.
Mastronardi Produce is renowned for their unique and flavorful SUNSET® brand produce, innovative packaging, and sustainable business practices.
“Eight years as one of Canada’s Best Managed is a true honor,” shared President Paul Mastronardi. “This award is for our entire Mastronardi team, in all locations. You are dedicated and passionate about this business, and it is because of you that we are where we are now. Congratulations!”
“Companies that earn Platinum Club status exemplify exceptional vision and leadership and a sustained commitment to growth and innovation,” said Jon Hountalas, Executive Vice President, Business and Corporate Banking, CIBC. “CIBC is proud to recognize these and all of the 2017 Canada’s Best Managed Companies winners as leaders in their industries,” Mr. Hountalas added.
Red Sun Farms and Fresh Direct Produce were also named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Respectively for the 4th year and the 6th year in a row.
Sponsored by Deloitte, CIBC, Canadian Business Magazine, Queen's Smith School of Business and MacKay CEO Forums, Canada’s Best Managed Companies program recognizes organizations that have implemented world class business practices and created value in innovative ways. The Platinum Club honors top-performing companies that earn a place among the best for six years or more.
For more information on the companies:
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector: