Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Lighting Science steps into vertical farming with new VividGro LED product lineLighting Science announced their entrée into the vertical farming space with the addition of an LED T8 grow lamp to their industry-leading VividGro product line. Engineered specifically for vertical farming facilities and grow chambers/facilities, the latest addition to the VividGro line packs high output, low heat radiation and the company’s patented grow spectrum into a sleek and flexible 4-foot linear design.
“Providing lighting solutions for indoor food crop production was a logical extension of our VividGro product line,” said Pete Rumsey, Executive Vice President of Business Development for Lighting Science. “Unlike traditional high-pressure sodium (HPS) and fluorescent lighting, our new VividGro T8 emits very little radiated heat and can be used at close proximity to the plant canopy. It provides the same micromoles that our VividGro PAR 38 is known for, but with a thin profile that makes it a real problem-solver for vertical farming space constraints.”
Since its introduction in 2015, VividGro has been providing growers with a low cost and energy-efficient alternative to high-pressure sodium (HPS) and fluorescent lighting. According to Rumsey, the new VividGro T8 uses about 50 percent less energy and lasts about ten times longer (50,000 hours) than comparable fluorescents, which typically have to be replaced every 8-10 months.
VividGro’s proprietary spectrum technology also guarantees that plants receive the best levels of (photosynthetic photon flux) PPFD at each stage of growth. Academic research conducted by the University of Guelph showed that VividGro’s light spectrum accelerates the photosynthetic process, improves crop yield by up to 30 percent and increases the nutritional density of crops by 10-12 percent.
As an added benefit, the VividGro T8’s flexible ballast bypass design provides indoor horticulturists with significant flexibility. The lamp can be hung individually, either vertically or horizontally, with single-ended connectors. For maximum customization, the VividGro T8 can also be installed in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 lamp, 4-foot troffers and hung in a direct wire troffer combo.
Suitable for indoor commercial growers and do-it-yourself horticulturalists, the new VividGro T8 is highly adaptable to both urban and agricultural environments, including greenhouses of any scale.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector: