Job offersmore »
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower - Chicago, IL
- Product Specialist Zaailingen - Hendrik Ido Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Sales-Manager Scherming - the Netherlands
- Senior Grower - Australia
- Australia: Supply Chain Co-ordinator/QC Officer
- Marketing and Sales Manager - U.S.A. and Canada
- Sales Representative, Horticulture - Delta, BC - Canada
- Commerciële verkoopcoördinator bloemenkwekers - Aalsmeer/Naaldwijk
- Account Manager Propagation - Roermond, The Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Mexico: Photo report Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato 2014
- Greenhouse crops present higher pesticide levels
- More mite production in US will help growers using bio control to manage pest programs
- Finished with the delivery of 24 Ha greenhouse to Russia
- Green Diamonds growers dare to give shelf life guarantee
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Goa State offers 100% subsidy for greenhousesIn a bid to revive the State of Goa's sagging agricultural fortunes, the Agriculture department is promoting a greenhouse farming scheme offering an attractive 100% per cent subsidy for the setup and 50% subsidy for the cost of cultivation. The scheme, being offered as part of the Agriculture department’s move into hi-tech precision farming, is aiming at helping farmers achieve up to seven times higher yields in a lesser area through carefully controlling the environment in which the plants are grown helping with better yields.
The department has till date secured around 10 applicants for setting up greenhouse projects all over the State of Goa, with 14 more scheduled to be approved soon.
Explaining the science behind the greenhouse technology, Assistant Director Nevil Alphonso explains that the higher yields are a result of controlling all the five factors that are required in optimum quantity to facilitate plant growth - sunlight, water, humidity, nutrients and pest control.
“In an open environment we can neither control the rain, nor the sun. If there is either too much or too little of any of the factors, the yield is reduced if not completely wasted. Here since we can control the environment the plants give a higher yield,” Alphonso explained.
The greenhouses have a framework of either bamboo or steel and are covered with a transparent polyethylene sheet under which crops are grown in either partially or fully controlled conditions.
Click here to learn more at Oheraldo.in
Publication date: 8/19/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.