Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch and local companies help Aphria to expand with 16 acresAphria Inc., one of Canada's medical cannabis leaders located in Leamington, Ontario confirmed their choice of primary vendor/contractors for their Part IV expansion project planned for later this year.
Thermo Energy Systems Ltd of Leamington, Ontario has been chosen to provide and build the greenhouse structure including highly sophisticated systems to deliver precise internal environmental conditions specifically tailored for cannabis production. The more than 16 acre expansion will be fitted with highly advanced robotics and automation systems designed and provided by AgriNomix LLC of Oberlin, Ohio USA. AgriNomix leveraged its close working relationship with Dutch growing automation experts Bosman Van Zaal, Flier Systems and Indigo Logistics to provide the robotics, automated plant moving systems and cutting-edge tracking and tracing software that goes well beyond Health Canada's regulatory requirements.
Aphria’s extensive plant growth trialing throughout 2016 allowed AgriNomix and Thermo Energy Systems to work in concert with Aphria experts to design the optimal environment for plant growth regimes in a highly automated manner. The facility is expected to utilize robotic planting machines, cutting-edge camera sorting software and specially designed ebb and flood moving grow benches that traverse throughout the different growing environments without human touches. Aphria’s clear intention to be the “high yield - low cost producer” is clearly evident through their choice to apply these progressive growing technologies.
For more information:
Bosman Van Zaal
Thermo Energy Systems
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector: