Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian group announce new 13 hectare hydroponic project in TuscanyThe Italian greenhouse industry will soon be expanded with the addition of a large new greenhouse company. Sfera Soc. Agr. and Artigianfer S.r.l. have announced their plans for the realization of a new 13 hectare hydroponic tomato and strawberry production greenhouse in the region of Tuscany. The construction of the 'Sfera' project is expected to start in March - April this year.
At this week's Fruit Logistica in Berlin, Mr. Luigi Galimberti, CEO of Sfera Soc. Agr., signed the preliminary contract for the supply and construction of the project with Italian greenhouse manufacturer Artigianfer di Virgilio Cardelli S.r.l..
Luigi Galimberti and Mario Cardelli at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin this week.
Mario Cardelli, Executive Sales Manager Artigianfer, explained that the contract was awarded to his company after 'a careful and deep analysis of market proposals submitted by other European greenhouse manufacturers and suppliers'.
The project consists of plastic 9.60 meter multispan structures including sophisticated technology for hydroponic tomato and strawberry cultivation. Production is dedicated to the domestic market.
For more information: www.waterfood.it
Other news in this sector: