Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian group announce new 13 hectare hydroponic project in TuscanyThe Italian greenhouse industry will soon be expanded with the addition of a large new greenhouse company. Sfera Soc. Agr. and Artigianfer S.r.l. have announced their plans for the realization of a new 13 hectare hydroponic tomato and strawberry production greenhouse in the region of Tuscany. The construction of the 'Sfera' project is expected to start in March - April this year.
At this week's Fruit Logistica in Berlin, Mr. Luigi Galimberti, CEO of Sfera Soc. Agr., signed the preliminary contract for the supply and construction of the project with Italian greenhouse manufacturer Artigianfer di Virgilio Cardelli S.r.l..
Luigi Galimberti and Mario Cardelli at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin this week.
Mario Cardelli, Executive Sales Manager Artigianfer, explained that the contract was awarded to his company after 'a careful and deep analysis of market proposals submitted by other European greenhouse manufacturers and suppliers'.
The project consists of plastic 9.60 meter multispan structures including sophisticated technology for hydroponic tomato and strawberry cultivation. Production is dedicated to the domestic market.
For more information: www.waterfood.it
Other news in this sector: