Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Mucci's automated lettuce project performs above expectationsViscon announced a partnership and the building of a hydroponic project with Mucci Farms during Fruit Logistica 2016. Now, in 2017, after a season of production both partners are happy to announce the hydroponic project is not only up and running, but also performing above their expectations.
"The application of the hydroponic system for both lettuce and herbs makes the system highly flexible and productive", said Viscon in a news release. "The unique design of the cranes and the logistics realized a labor reduction of 75%. The harvest per m2 is above average. The quality of the product is so distinctive, the retail side is commenting on its crispiness and longevity in stores."
Have a look at the video in which you can see the entire production cycle of the lettuce, from preparing the soil mix, to seeding, propagation, transplanting, cultivation, harvesting and packing.
The Viscon Retail Packaging solution has also caught the attention of the retailer. "The innovative and distinctive packaging adds value to the product and helps place the lettuce and herbs as a high end product."
For more information:
Other news in this sector: