Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Mucci's automated lettuce project performs above expectationsViscon announced a partnership and the building of a hydroponic project with Mucci Farms during Fruit Logistica 2016. Now, in 2017, after a season of production both partners are happy to announce the hydroponic project is not only up and running, but also performing above their expectations.
"The application of the hydroponic system for both lettuce and herbs makes the system highly flexible and productive", said Viscon in a news release. "The unique design of the cranes and the logistics realized a labor reduction of 75%. The harvest per m2 is above average. The quality of the product is so distinctive, the retail side is commenting on its crispiness and longevity in stores."
Have a look at the video in which you can see the entire production cycle of the lettuce, from preparing the soil mix, to seeding, propagation, transplanting, cultivation, harvesting and packing.
The Viscon Retail Packaging solution has also caught the attention of the retailer. "The innovative and distinctive packaging adds value to the product and helps place the lettuce and herbs as a high end product."
For more information:
Other news in this sector: