Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Hortilux launches Hortisense software suiteHortisense is a digital platform that monitors and safe guards various grow light processes in the greenhouse through the use of sensors and PLC’s. The Hortisense software applications interpret the data and present it to the grower as relevant information. The grower can see the information on any device, anytime, anywhere.
The “asset performance” module of Hortisense automatically prevents overheating of transformers and electrical panels and actively safe guards power quality. The “light management” module gives real time insight in the amount of light that reaches the crop, both from the sun and from the grow light fixtures. The “maintenance” module gives, among other things, insight in the remaining life time of bulbs and notifies the grower in case of disturbances or deviations in the grow light system.
With Hortisense a grower has full control of his grow light, anytime, anywhere. It increases the efficiency of the grow light installation and secures the operational reliability of the electrical equipment. Hortisense increases the yield per m2, without separate systems. Hortisense combines all relevant information on grow light processes and the grow light system in one clear, digital platform.
Hortisense aims to provide the following functionality:
- Real time monitoring of light levels (Umol)
- Real time insight in light sum (sun light + supplemental light)
- Insight in cost per Umol
- Automatic prevention of overheating of transformers and electrical panels
- Real time monitoring of power quality and costs
- Automatic intervention in case of low power quality
- Prediction of remaining life time of lamps
- Automatic repair alerts transformers & panels
- Digital service requests
- My Hortilux: maintenance reports, warranties, technical drawings
- Digital cultivation schedule
- Light strategies based on plant physiology and life cycle
- Automatic light adjustment based on predictive analytics (e.g. weather forecast, energy prices, produce prices)
- IPM Essen: 24 – 27 January, hall 3, booth D69
- Fruit Logistica Berlijn: 8 – 10 February, hall 3.2, booth C-05
- Horticontact Gorinchem: 14 – 16 February, booth 286
For more information:
2681 TV Monster
Publication date: 1/23/2017
Other news in this sector: