Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lucayan and MightyVine featured in Urban Ag NewsGreenhouse growers Lucayan Tropical Produce from the Bahamas and MightyVine from Illinois are featured in the latest issue of Urban Ag News. Their Climate Management Issue features several articles related to environmental control for greenhouses and controlled environment agriculture. Dr. Nadia Sabeh for example, talks about the difficulties with trying to create the perfect greenhouse climate for growing plants. Regardless of the type of crop, Sabeh discusses controlling the variables, including temperature, humidity, light level and carbon dioxide, to maximize plant growth.
Other interesting articles: A piece by Brian Filipowhich, who discusses the organic certification debate around aquaponic and hydroponic produce. And an article by the hand of Jim Pantaleo who looks at the potential of hospital farms, an unique and scarce answer to address the challenge of providing healing and wellness through food.
Click here to read Urban Ag News issue 16 online.
Other news in this sector: