Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lucayan and MightyVine featured in Urban Ag NewsGreenhouse growers Lucayan Tropical Produce from the Bahamas and MightyVine from Illinois are featured in the latest issue of Urban Ag News. Their Climate Management Issue features several articles related to environmental control for greenhouses and controlled environment agriculture. Dr. Nadia Sabeh for example, talks about the difficulties with trying to create the perfect greenhouse climate for growing plants. Regardless of the type of crop, Sabeh discusses controlling the variables, including temperature, humidity, light level and carbon dioxide, to maximize plant growth.
Other interesting articles: A piece by Brian Filipowhich, who discusses the organic certification debate around aquaponic and hydroponic produce. And an article by the hand of Jim Pantaleo who looks at the potential of hospital farms, an unique and scarce answer to address the challenge of providing healing and wellness through food.
Click here to read Urban Ag News issue 16 online.
Other news in this sector: