Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Lucayan and MightyVine featured in Urban Ag NewsGreenhouse growers Lucayan Tropical Produce from the Bahamas and MightyVine from Illinois are featured in the latest issue of Urban Ag News. Their Climate Management Issue features several articles related to environmental control for greenhouses and controlled environment agriculture. Dr. Nadia Sabeh for example, talks about the difficulties with trying to create the perfect greenhouse climate for growing plants. Regardless of the type of crop, Sabeh discusses controlling the variables, including temperature, humidity, light level and carbon dioxide, to maximize plant growth.
Other interesting articles: A piece by Brian Filipowhich, who discusses the organic certification debate around aquaponic and hydroponic produce. And an article by the hand of Jim Pantaleo who looks at the potential of hospital farms, an unique and scarce answer to address the challenge of providing healing and wellness through food.
Click here to read Urban Ag News issue 16 online.
Other news in this sector: