Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Seasoned sales expert joins OppyWith extensive background in both the grower and retail spheres, Oppy’s new Senior Sales Representative Eric Jones is well prepared to contribute to the leading fresh produce sales, marketing and distribution company’s Newark, Del.-based team.
Jones, who joined Oppy on December 21, was recently employed as domestic sales manager for Sun Pacific Marketing in Pasadena, Calif., where he’d started as a sales executive in April 2013. Previously, Jones spent nearly a decade and a half at Giant Eagle, Inc. of Pittsburgh, Pa., serving first in store operations and ultimately as a category manager.
At Sun Pacific, Jones developed season-long programs for citrus, grapes and kiwifruit, experience readily transferable to three of Oppy’s signature categories. While at Giant Eagle, Jones oversaw retail strategies for various product lines, ranging from apples and pears to cherries and stone fruit, gaining expertise relevant to numerous Oppy items.
Jones, a Pittsburgh native who was eager to move his young family closer to home, was drawn to the role at Oppy by the company’s wide product manifest and reputation for a strong, positive corporate culture.
“When I moved from retail to the supply side, I gained very helpful and detailed knowledge about growing produce, while also adapting my skills to serve different kinds of retailers,” he said. “I look forward to applying this experience at Oppy and contributing in every way that I can.”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector: