Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Seasoned sales expert joins OppyWith extensive background in both the grower and retail spheres, Oppy’s new Senior Sales Representative Eric Jones is well prepared to contribute to the leading fresh produce sales, marketing and distribution company’s Newark, Del.-based team.
Jones, who joined Oppy on December 21, was recently employed as domestic sales manager for Sun Pacific Marketing in Pasadena, Calif., where he’d started as a sales executive in April 2013. Previously, Jones spent nearly a decade and a half at Giant Eagle, Inc. of Pittsburgh, Pa., serving first in store operations and ultimately as a category manager.
At Sun Pacific, Jones developed season-long programs for citrus, grapes and kiwifruit, experience readily transferable to three of Oppy’s signature categories. While at Giant Eagle, Jones oversaw retail strategies for various product lines, ranging from apples and pears to cherries and stone fruit, gaining expertise relevant to numerous Oppy items.
Jones, a Pittsburgh native who was eager to move his young family closer to home, was drawn to the role at Oppy by the company’s wide product manifest and reputation for a strong, positive corporate culture.
“When I moved from retail to the supply side, I gained very helpful and detailed knowledge about growing produce, while also adapting my skills to serve different kinds of retailers,” he said. “I look forward to applying this experience at Oppy and contributing in every way that I can.”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector: