Job offersmore »
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
- Vegetable Production Specialist - Vietnam
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
March 1 - April 3
Season Extension with High Tunnels online courseThe Northeast Beginning Farmers Project is offering Season Extension with High Tunnels as one of its online courses this season.
The six-week course runs from March 1 to April 3 under the tutelage of co-instructors:
- Jud Reid, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Cornell Vegetable Program.
- Crystal Stewart, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Program.
- Complete a basic site assessment and know when to bring in experts to discuss site limitations
- Make decisions to improve or maintain their soil health and fertility in the tunnel
- Select an appropriate high tunnel structure for their site, climate, and production needs
- Select and grow appropriate cold and/or warm season crops for the tunnel
- Employ pest control and trouble-shooting strategies for high tunnels
- Decide if high tunnels make economic, environmental, and social sense on the farm
Read more and register.
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: