Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
March 1 - April 3
Season Extension with High Tunnels online courseThe Northeast Beginning Farmers Project is offering Season Extension with High Tunnels as one of its online courses this season.
The six-week course runs from March 1 to April 3 under the tutelage of co-instructors:
- Jud Reid, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Cornell Vegetable Program.
- Crystal Stewart, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Program.
- Complete a basic site assessment and know when to bring in experts to discuss site limitations
- Make decisions to improve or maintain their soil health and fertility in the tunnel
- Select an appropriate high tunnel structure for their site, climate, and production needs
- Select and grow appropriate cold and/or warm season crops for the tunnel
- Employ pest control and trouble-shooting strategies for high tunnels
- Decide if high tunnels make economic, environmental, and social sense on the farm
Read more and register.
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: