Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Arctic Farm Oklahoma
"Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7"During one of the coldest times of the year, Andrea Parks is one of the only farmers in the state who still has a crop to pick in January.
"I love the sunshine and the warmth," she says. "I like to go into the greenhouse and pretend winter is not happening."
At a time when her neighbors are just feeding cows and chickens. Andrea has a lot of produce to pick. That includes cucumbers and big tomatoes.
"Yeah," she smiles. "That means everything is growing well. Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7."
While the dirt is frozen outside Andrea's plants actually stay well clear. Everything inside this plastic barn is strictly roots, water, and plant food.
The Arctic Farms operation is all hydroponic.
Read more at KFOR.com
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: