Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Arctic Farm Oklahoma
"Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7"During one of the coldest times of the year, Andrea Parks is one of the only farmers in the state who still has a crop to pick in January.
"I love the sunshine and the warmth," she says. "I like to go into the greenhouse and pretend winter is not happening."
At a time when her neighbors are just feeding cows and chickens. Andrea has a lot of produce to pick. That includes cucumbers and big tomatoes.
"Yeah," she smiles. "That means everything is growing well. Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7."
While the dirt is frozen outside Andrea's plants actually stay well clear. Everything inside this plastic barn is strictly roots, water, and plant food.
The Arctic Farms operation is all hydroponic.
Read more at KFOR.com
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: