Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Arctic Farm Oklahoma
"Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7"During one of the coldest times of the year, Andrea Parks is one of the only farmers in the state who still has a crop to pick in January.
"I love the sunshine and the warmth," she says. "I like to go into the greenhouse and pretend winter is not happening."
At a time when her neighbors are just feeding cows and chickens. Andrea has a lot of produce to pick. That includes cucumbers and big tomatoes.
"Yeah," she smiles. "That means everything is growing well. Farming is a non-stop job, 24-7."
While the dirt is frozen outside Andrea's plants actually stay well clear. Everything inside this plastic barn is strictly roots, water, and plant food.
The Arctic Farms operation is all hydroponic.
Read more at KFOR.com
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: