Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
New crops planted at De Ruiter's Tomato Experience Centre
After careful propagation, more than 300 varieties in 20 segments were planted at the De Ruiter Tomato Experience Centre in 's-Gravenzande last week. A large part of the team was present to execute this operation in a short period of time.
This year the greenhouse again provides room for existing and future De Ruiter breeds and the most important control varieties. In addition, the current trends in tomatoes will be taken into account to ensure that future breeds are in alignment with these trends.
This year data will again be collected during the season with regards to grower and chain aspects to ensure that the choice of variety is based on facts instead of assumptions.
In early April the Tomato Experience Centre will again be open for visitors. The open days will be held in June and September.
For more information:De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector: