Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New crops planted at De Ruiter's Tomato Experience Centre
After careful propagation, more than 300 varieties in 20 segments were planted at the De Ruiter Tomato Experience Centre in 's-Gravenzande last week. A large part of the team was present to execute this operation in a short period of time.
This year the greenhouse again provides room for existing and future De Ruiter breeds and the most important control varieties. In addition, the current trends in tomatoes will be taken into account to ensure that future breeds are in alignment with these trends.
This year data will again be collected during the season with regards to grower and chain aspects to ensure that the choice of variety is based on facts instead of assumptions.
In early April the Tomato Experience Centre will again be open for visitors. The open days will be held in June and September.
For more information:De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector: