Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
February 2, Rosenberg
US (TX): Fort Bend Regional Vegetable ConferenceThe 32nd annual Fort Bend Regional Vegetable Conference, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, will be from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 2 at the Fort Bend County Fairgrounds, 4310 State Highway 36 South in Rosenberg.
“The conference is a celebration of vegetable production along the upper Gulf Coast region,” said Boone Holladay, AgriLife Extension agent in Fort Bend County. “The event will focus on teaching sustainable practices to help producers maximize efficiencies and profitability.”
Early registration is $20 by Jan. 25. Registration at the door is $25. Preregistration can be completed at http://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/FortBend or by calling 979-845-2604.
Holladay said the program includes Food Safety Modernization Act updates plus information about new varieties, crop seasonality, direct marketing, laws and regulations, landscaping with edibles and integrated pest management using cover crops.
Agriculture items found in the grocery store. (Texas A&M AgriLife Communications photos by Kay Ledbetter)
Participants will be able to select breakout sessions in the afternoon segment. Five continuing education credits for Texas Department of Agriculture license holders will be offered.
For general information about the event, contact Brandy Rader at 281-342-3034.
Source: AgriLife Today
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector: