Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senmatic to introduce new adaptive climate controlsThe key focus on the development of adaptive equipment is bearing fruit for Senmatic. Last year the Danish manufacturer of greenhouse climate, irrigation and fertilizer controls introduced two new products and has experienced a very productive year since then.
Also this year, Senmatic will introduce several new products that are designed from a perspective to grow with the ambition of its user. "It's our philosophy to design modular systems that allow the grower to add whatever he needs. Whether that is today or next year", said Senmatic's sales manager Morten Hjorth. He explained that this approach is very well-received. "Last year we introduced our new AMI Penta fertilizer mixer and ever since we have seen a steep increase in our sales of mixing units all over the world."
According to Hjorth, the strength of the AMI Penta fertilizer mixing unit lies in the fact that Senmatic has combined its years of experience with advanced fertilizer units and transformed that into a new, more simple, easy to use, but still expandable fertilizer unit, complete with a digital display and user friendly interface. "We have many new clients who like the simplicity and like to start with a small mixer that they can expand at a desired moment when they require a more advanced system. We also offer the opportunity to buy the technology as advanced as you want."
The AMI Penta was very well received in countries such as China, Germany and the U.S. "China is one of these markets in which the fertilizer unit fits very well, as it can be adapted from high-tech greenhouses to more simple tunnel farms and traditional solar greenhouses. Chinese farmers that want to optimize their yield often first look at optimizing their fertilizer schemes, and therefore our units are very well received."
Adaptability has also been a key focus point for the development of new equipment at Senmatic over the past year. At IPM Essen the company will introduce two new products.
Senmatic will introduce the new LCC2 Climate Control. This is the updated and more advanced newer version of their renowned LCC900 Modular Climate Computer. "This is a completely new generation that is more user friendly thanks to a convenient display. On the other hand the LCC2 is more advanced than ever and can control everything you can imagine inside the greenhouse. Next to this the computer allows an internet connection and can be remotely controlled from a tablet or smartphone too.
Another new product that Senmatic will launch at the IPM Essen is the LCC Light Controller: a new controller unit that allows full control of Senmatic's LED fixtures connected to any kind of climate control system. This means that Senmatic's LEDs can now be better controlled if a grower is using a third-party climate control system other than Senmatic. "This allows a grower to control the fixtures' light intensity, LED spectra and other smart features."
Senmatic will be exhibiting at the Mechanisation Exhibition in Vijfhuizen (NL)
Sival in Angers (FR), HortiContact in Gorinchem (NL), IPM in Essen (GER) and Fruit Logistica in Berlin (GER).
For more information:
Senmatic A/S DGT
Morten Hjorth, Global Sales Manager
T: +45 20 80 11 16
Other news in this sector: