Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hunt's 'no GMO' ads draw criticism from growersA new marketing campaign by tomato processor Hunt’s is drawing backlash from some in the ag community.
In its ads, Hunt’s boasts that it does not use genetically modified tomatoes in its products. While that’s true, it’s also because, currently, there are no GMO tomatoes being produced commercially.
Michigan-based farmer advocate and attorney Amanda Zaluckyj took Hunt’s to task in her blog, The Farmer’s Daughter USA. Zaluckyj tells Brownfield that “anti-GMO” messages like Hunt’s fuel consumer misunderstanding about the technology. “There are no GMO tomatoes. I felt that it was really disingenuous for them to tell people that they were selling non-GMO tomatoes because, well duh, obviously everybody is.”
Read more at Brownfield Ag News
Publication date: 1/6/2017
Other news in this sector: