Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hunt's 'no GMO' ads draw criticism from growersA new marketing campaign by tomato processor Hunt’s is drawing backlash from some in the ag community.
In its ads, Hunt’s boasts that it does not use genetically modified tomatoes in its products. While that’s true, it’s also because, currently, there are no GMO tomatoes being produced commercially.
Michigan-based farmer advocate and attorney Amanda Zaluckyj took Hunt’s to task in her blog, The Farmer’s Daughter USA. Zaluckyj tells Brownfield that “anti-GMO” messages like Hunt’s fuel consumer misunderstanding about the technology. “There are no GMO tomatoes. I felt that it was really disingenuous for them to tell people that they were selling non-GMO tomatoes because, well duh, obviously everybody is.”
Read more at Brownfield Ag News
Publication date: 1/6/2017
Other news in this sector: