Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hunt's 'no GMO' ads draw criticism from growersA new marketing campaign by tomato processor Huntís is drawing backlash from some in the ag community.
In its ads, Huntís boasts that it does not use genetically modified tomatoes in its products. While thatís true, itís also because, currently, there are no GMO tomatoes being produced commercially.
Michigan-based farmer advocate and attorney Amanda Zaluckyj took Huntís to task in her blog, The Farmerís Daughter USA. Zaluckyj tells Brownfield that ďanti-GMOĒ messages like Huntís fuel consumer misunderstanding about the technology. ďThere are no GMO tomatoes. I felt that it was really disingenuous for them to tell people that they were selling non-GMO tomatoes because, well duh, obviously everybody is.Ē
Read more at Brownfield Ag News
Publication date: 1/6/2017
Other news in this sector: