Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Upgrades give Mirical macrolophus longer shelf lifeIn the past year, Koppert Biological Systems started an improvement process in order to raise the quality of its product Mirical to a higher level. This resulted in a doubling of the shelf life, as a consequence of which the predatory bug Macrolophus arrives at the clientís premises in an even fitter state. Firstly, the carrier material has been modified. Secondly, changes have been made to the logistical process, assuring the proper and necessary ventilation of the product throughout the chain.
The investigation focused on the entire chain, and more than fifteen different aspects were checked. Andre Bloem (TQM coordinator at Koppert) explains, "A lot of hard work has been done on this project. We have tested the modifications in various longer-term processes. With the new carrier material, and on condition that the modified transport conditions are strictly adhered to, the shelf life of the product Mirical has been extended by 100%. That is a result to be proud of."
Product manager Tim Bossinga adds, "We are dealing with live material. The management of the logistical process is something that sets Koppert apart from competitors. However, that doesn't change the fact that natural enemies simply have a short life span. That's why we still recommend that the product be used immediately after receipt."
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector: