Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China tightens agrochemical residue standardChina shored up its regulations on chemical residues in food with a new national standard, the Ministry of Agriculture said Wednesday. Compared with the 2014 version, the standard adds 490 limits for 433 kinds of agrochemicals, with tougher demands on banned and restricted chemicals such as the highly toxic fenamiphos.
It covers the approved agrochemicals in China and staple agricultural products, with 33 non-hazardous chemicals exempted from residue caps.
China aims to create 6,000 new residue limits mostly for vegetables, fruit and farm products during the 2016-2020 period, while gradually implementing limits on imported food.
Latest data showed no increase in the use of agrochemicals this year thanks to wider use of biological pest prevention and control.
Publication date: 1/2/2017
Other news in this sector: