Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China tightens agrochemical residue standardChina shored up its regulations on chemical residues in food with a new national standard, the Ministry of Agriculture said Wednesday. Compared with the 2014 version, the standard adds 490 limits for 433 kinds of agrochemicals, with tougher demands on banned and restricted chemicals such as the highly toxic fenamiphos.
It covers the approved agrochemicals in China and staple agricultural products, with 33 non-hazardous chemicals exempted from residue caps.
China aims to create 6,000 new residue limits mostly for vegetables, fruit and farm products during the 2016-2020 period, while gradually implementing limits on imported food.
Latest data showed no increase in the use of agrochemicals this year thanks to wider use of biological pest prevention and control.
Publication date: 1/2/2017
Other news in this sector: