Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
China tightens agrochemical residue standardChina shored up its regulations on chemical residues in food with a new national standard, the Ministry of Agriculture said Wednesday. Compared with the 2014 version, the standard adds 490 limits for 433 kinds of agrochemicals, with tougher demands on banned and restricted chemicals such as the highly toxic fenamiphos.
It covers the approved agrochemicals in China and staple agricultural products, with 33 non-hazardous chemicals exempted from residue caps.
China aims to create 6,000 new residue limits mostly for vegetables, fruit and farm products during the 2016-2020 period, while gradually implementing limits on imported food.
Latest data showed no increase in the use of agrochemicals this year thanks to wider use of biological pest prevention and control.
Publication date: 1/2/2017
Other news in this sector: