Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenyard Grow Bag nominated for Fruit Logistica Innovation AwardGreenyard will take centre stage at Fruit Logistica from 8 to 10 February 2017 to highlight its theme “for a healthier future”.
The biggest opportunity facing the fresh produce industry is to increase consumption levels. European consumers eat just 250 grams of fruit and vegetables each day, which is way below the recommended 550 grams in a nutritionally balanced diet.
As a large produce supplier, Greenyard’s vision is to increase consumption levels. The group uses its multi-category expertise to help customers add more value to the fresh category. Greenyard’s Fresh division supplies two million tonnes of fresh fruits and vegetables annually and provides a year-round product offer, as its customer’s direct connection to the field. This division offers full-chain logistics services and all of its activities are based on a long-term, consumer-oriented vision.
At Fruit Logistica, Greenyard’s Fresh and Horticulture divisions (formerly known as UNIVEG and Peltracom) will demonstrate how they work in close partnership with their customers to anticipate consumer needs.
By developing innovative solutions, Greenyard both drives the industry forwards and helps consumers to make healthier eating choices. One of those innovations, which was the result of direct collaboration between the Fresh and Horticulture divisions, has been nominated for the Innovation Award at Fruit Logistica: a sustainable Grow Bag for tasty tomatoes.
“We are delighted to be shortlisted for the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award and we look forward to meeting you in Berlin to discuss how we can work together to create a healthier future for all parties in the value chain”, says Marleen Vaesen, CEO Greenyard.
For more information:
2860 Sint-Katelijne-Waver (Belgium)
t. +32 (0)15 32 42 00
f. +32 (0)15 32 42 01
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector: