Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bosch foresees future with robot farmersBosch, has outlined its vision of the future, which includes a world full of smart factories, robotic farmers and connected asparagus.
The company believes two main areas of technological development stand out from the rest: connectivity and sensors.
Bosch has built a new product it calls the “Bonirob agricultural robot”.
Bosch says Bonirob is a smart agricultural robot which can find its own way around the fields and automatically analyse plants.
Bonirob is about the same size as a compact car, and uses video- and laser-based positioning as well as satellite navigation to determine its exact location. “It knows its position to the nearest centimetre,” says Bosch.
With the help of cameras and computer-based image analysis, it recognizes and classifies plants. This is especially useful for plant breeders, who have to painstakingly analyse thousands of plants for plant size and colour, fruit size and form, and insect damage.
Read more at Robotics & Automation News
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Other news in this sector: