Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photo Report Cultivate '16Here is the photo report of Cultivate ’16, the largest all-industry horticulture exposition and convention in North America. This three-day event concluded last Tuesday and brought together a nicely balanced mix of greenhouse technology, supplies, seeds, ornamental starting material and finished plants.
Click here for the HortiDaily Photo Report of Cultivate '16
The exhibition of Cultivate '16 was kicked off on Sunday. Walking around, we noticed that the trend we saw over the last two editions of Cultivate, integrating more general horticultural supplies and technology for both edible and ornamental production, has definitely continued and elevated the trade show to the next level. The show now offers even more hydroponic supplies like moving gutter systems, hydroponic substrates, aquaponic grow systems, and grow lights, a whole lotta grow lights...
The latter might be a result of the fact that Cultivate now also draws many visitors from the upcoming medical marijuana industry. Some lighting suppliers said that every other visitor at their booth came from the medical marijuana industry. We already wonder what the show will look like next year with the possible legalization of marijuana in Ohio on the ballot.
On the other hand, we were very happy to run into greenhouse vegetable growers more than ever. Many of those are in the production of leafy greens and edibles, but there were also a fair amount of vegetable growers visiting the show, which was good to see!
Looking for the pictures of the ornamentals? click here to see FloralDaily.com's recap with all flowers and plants exhibitors!
Next year the show will be held from July 15-18, 2016, but there will be some changes coming to this Cultivate’17. This was announced by Ken Fisher, AmericanHort President and Chief Executive Officer, at the Sunday Keynote presentation. "Cultivate’17 is the year it’s happening. Last year, the Greater Columbus Convention Center announced its renovation, which meant the plans we had ready could finally be initiated. Cultivate’16 has been the building year, and we’ve appreciated everyone’s patience and understanding that growth requires change and flexibility."
Attendees and exhibitors alike will appreciate the following updates to their Cultivate’17 experience:
- A fresh look. The mission of AmericanHort is to be an industry leader, paradigm-shifter, and status quo disrupter. Cultivate’17 accomplishes all of this with a trade show floorplan refreshed to maximize the attendee experience and the exhibitor ROI. That means more corner spaces, islands, and design strategies to facilitate exhibitor-attendee interaction.
- More room. The Solutions Marketplace trade show floor is expanding by 30,000 square feet. That means a new trade show floor plan and exposure opportunities to accommodate every exhibitor’s needs and budget. Plus, additional space for The Knowledge Center and maybe even a book store.
- New opportunities for connecting. From a “fast-pitch” stage to showcase a company’s exciting products, to on-the-floor meeting space, learning space, and more, there are more opportunities than ever before to showcase the brand new and the tried and true.
For more information: www.americanhort.org
Other news in this sector: