Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
For Tyler, the H in Horticulture is for HumorAfter graduating cum laude from the University of Florida's Horticultural Sciences department, Tyler Baras has become a familiar face in the U.S.'s burgeoning urban agriculture industry.
Baras ran several hydroponic operations and organic farms and was featured as a regular contributor to PBS gardening show Dig In. As well as this, he makes videos for the online magazine of Urban Ag News.
In 2015 he founded his own company; Farmer Tyler LLC, a company specialized in providing consultancy in urban agriculture, hydroponics and greenhouse production.
As Farmer Tyler, Baras makes the most hilarious, but very educational videos on plant science, which he regularly publishes on his YouTube Channel.
From simple basics to more complicated matters, Baras is gifted with the talent to explain the most difficult stuff with a lot of humor. Have a look at one of his most recent uploads in which Farmer Tyler explains the basics of thigmomorphogenesis. Thigmowhat?... Well look at the video!
For more: www.farmertyler.com
Other news in this sector: