- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Zire Agro, Baku:
Azerbaijani grower aims at the top of the market
"We opened our greenhouse in 2014, and since then we are growing high quality crops for the higher segment in the market", said owner of the greenhouse is Elnur Jabbaerli. "With our brand Zire Agro, it is our goal to occupy a position in the top three greenhouse grown tomato brands in Azerbaijan."
Quality is the number one reason for Jabbaerli to invest in high end technology."Our customers expect that we deliver a very consistent product with a very high quality. In this way we are quite unique and we can position our tomatoes and eggplants in the market like a niche."
Together with consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the growers at Zire Agro aim for the best results. "Thanks to our glasshouse, we can control the climate perfectly. But at the moment the season started challengingly for us; We planted on September 1 and the winter was way too cloudy and we lost a lot of light, this will seriously affect our production. This makes it extra challenging for us to grow a consistent crop. But the first fruits that we harvested were very neat and had a very uniform quality and so far the glasshouse is doing a great job."
According to crop consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the coarse fruit size and weight of the produce at Zire Agro is favoured by the market. "Not many growers in this climate are able to grow such a fruit without the help of high tech technology. The hydroponic growing system with coir growing bags of Riococo for example, enables us to maintain a very consistent crop. The substrate in the bags provide a very homogeneous environment for our crops and thanks to the perfect mixes we even maintain to grow a good crop when we suffer from severe heat in the summer months."
Owner Elnur Jabbarlı announced that the company experienced good feedback from their customers so far and they will expand the business in the near future.
For more information about Riococo & Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Dutch tomato grower sentenced to fine of 75,000 euros for fatal elevator incident
- 10/19/2018 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 10/18/2018 Dutch delegation visits vegetable farm in Rwanda
- 10/17/2018 Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
- 10/16/2018 South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- 10/16/2018 Greenhouse vegetable grower to launch seven products at PMA
- 10/16/2018 “South African farmers need security of land and assets”
- 10/16/2018 US (AZ): Chef partners with local grower
- 10/15/2018 Italy: "Hydroponic cultivation lowers disease risk"
- 10/15/2018 Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- 10/15/2018 Italy: the fennel campaign has started in Emilia-Romagna
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program
- 10/11/2018 Malaysia: Three friends supply fresh veggies thanks to NFT
- 10/10/2018 “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- 10/10/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia
- 10/10/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?