Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkish delegation opens large greenhouse project in DiyadinLast week a governmental delegation visited Turkey's largest greenhouse complex. The project is currently being built at the Diyadin district in Ağrı, an area that is known for it's potential for the geothermal energy. The construction is spread out over 10 years and the total investment is 100 million USD.
Thanks to an efficient distribution network, the greenhouse can be heated with geothermal water during the entire season, even in the winters when the local temperatures outside can be as low as -35 degrees Celsius.
Within the next ten years, the investors plan to expand the project with a few hectares every year. The first opening of the 2 hectares took place last week. An expansion to 20 hectares is planned for next year.
The produced vegetables of the Diyadin greenhouse are shipped to marketeers in Russia, Azerbaijan, Iraq and Iran.
Benimplast Riococo delivered the greenhouse supplies for this project.
For more information: :
Benimplast / Riococo
Other news in this sector: