- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Project for sustainable horticulture in Rwanda
The official kick-off was part of the economic mission to Rwanda, led by Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Lilianne Ploumen. Both parties think that by combining Dutch technology and expertise with the local know-how of farmers and knowledge of institutes, the project will be a success.
Project partners greenhouse constructor, Bosman Van Zaal, and automation supplier, Hoogendoorn Growth Management, are going to build a pilot greenhouse for the project. The small-scale farm, Rwanda Best, is the project partner in Rwanda.
The focus on small-scale farmers in Rwanda is a unique factor of this project which is coordinated by Greenport Holland International. Other companies involved in this project are Koppert Biological Systems, DLV Plant, Rijkzwaan, and knowledge institutes such as Wageningen University and Reseach Centre, TNO and Bopic (NGO). Koppert is responsible for the set-up of an integrated pest and disease management program on the farm. The project makes horticulture technologies affordable and applicable for innovative farmers in Rwanda.
The representatives of all SMART horticulture partners were present during the kick-off. The project was officially opened by the Owner of Rwanda Best, Jean Ruzibiza and Deputy Director General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. SMART has projects in South-Africa and Rwanda.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Share Logistics expanding in Europe and The Americas
- 09/21/2018 Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- 09/21/2018 US (MI): Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- 09/21/2018 Belgium: Biobest receives Export Lion 2018 award
- 09/21/2018 US (OR): Fall Creek Farm & Nursery hires Matt Kramer
- 09/20/2018 Bayer outlines its vision for the future of agriculture
- 09/20/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/20/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'