- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dalsem is building 25 hectares for AppHarvest
- "In fruit trees, plastic has much better yield return than glass or horticultural nets"
- Horti China gets underway, highlighting promising market
- Paper sleeves as an alternative to disposable plastics
- "As a Dutch-American, I like to combine idealism and capitalism"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- "Suspension system provides more efficient cultivation of tomatoes and cucumbers"
- Rain demolishes over 200 hectare of Spanish greenhouses
- CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
Agronomist - Tasmania
Agronomist - Driscoll’s Australia Pty Ltd
- Leading Global presence with operations across Europe, Middle East, Asia, North & South America
- Provide in-field support to our TAS growers
- Access to global L&D programs
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries and Costa – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
In this dynamic and rewarding role based in Tasmania, you will be working closely with our growers in the southern region to execute best practice agronomic principles to achieve high quality plant yield and growth.
Your key duties will include:
- Conducting regular farm visits and disseminating advice on best-practice berry production techniques and methods
- Disseminating Food Quality Standards, guidelines and protocols and assisting in development of site documentation and protocols
- Providing regular technical observational and operational reports to management
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives across customer requirements, legal and other compliance initiatives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered you will need to be able to demonstrate the following in your application:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agronomy or Plant Science
- Previous experience working in agricultural farming preferably soft fruit production
- Proficiency in the use of Excel – basic level
- Strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills and ability to work under limited supervision
- Unrestricted drivers licence and full Australian working rights
In return you will be joining a highly successful and rapidly growing business in a challenging yet rewarding role and an opportunity for you to make a real impact. At your resource, will have access to both strong operational and technical teams (both locally and globally) to provide you with support to achieve your key deliverables as well as working in a fast-paced environment where you can exercise fully autonomous decision-making in related operational matters.
To apply please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please contact (03) 8363 0927
LEARN MORE ABOUT US