Entomologist - Canada
Family owned and operated for 34 years, Great Lakes Greenhouses is the largest grower, shipper, and packer of hydroponic cucumbers in North America. We are a 120-acre state-of-the-art facility on one site providing year-round production. Our mandate is to produce the healthiest safest food. At Great Lakes Greenhouses we pride ourselves on maintaining quality and excellence in everything we do.
We are currently seeking a full-time Entomologist that can aid in the development and implementation of rearing protocols for the production of beneficial insects used in the greenhouse industry.
• BS in entomology, biology, or related field or equivalent professional experience
• Knowledge of and experience with scientific experimental design and statistical analysis
• Ability to independently identify and establish rearing protocols for select beneficial insects used onsite in our growing operation
• Ability to correct problems and scale capacity in rearing procedures to accommodate internal beneficial insect production demands
• Conduct research and literature reviews to study insect biology, behavior and management.
• Collect specimens and manage specimen banks.
• MS/PhD in entomology, biology, or related field
• Experience in designing and/or rearing beneficial insects that are used in greenhouse growing environments is a MUST
• Plant biology (suggested): 1 year
• Entomology (suggested): 1 year
• Agriculture (suggested): 1 year