- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Cultivation expert in team Asia
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dozens of LED suppliers turn off their lights: GreenTech 2019 comes to an end
- Speeding up the instalment of new screens
- "We want to create sensors together to better detect pests and diseases"
- "New square 35 liter pot for soft fruit cultivation means repotting is a thing of the past"
- "Good results with new substrate of alternative wood fiber raw material"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
HORTICULTURAL SALES MANAGER
FRUIT INDUSTRY, EUROPE
Position Category: Full-time
Salary Level: Industry related
A South African company specializing in developing and licencing proprietary citrus varieties across the world, is looking for a Horticultural Sales Manager, with a background in the fruit industry, for their Mediterranean operations. The Sales Manager should be able to work independantly in Europe, whilst staying closely connected to the Head Office in Stellenbosch, South Africa. The Sales Manager will manage and drive the marketing and sales plan in the area, execute daily sales and horticulture tasks and build and promote close client relations.
Sales and/or marketing qualification, for example Bcom Marketing
Agricultural qualification/degree with Horticulture (fruticulture) subjects or majors, preferably B.Sc of M.Sc Agric in Horticulture
Successful previous experience, of at least 5 years, as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets is required.
Experience in the fruit industry, preferably citrus
- Fluent in English
- Spanish speaking or ability to study Spanish. Italian also an advantage.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Positive go-getter and self starter, with initiative and enthusiasm
- Good budget and reporting skills
- Dealing with pressure and having perserverance
- Confidence, maturity and professionalism
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Driver licence
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for the business in the designated areas, including Spain, Italy, Marocco and Portugal
- Develop and implement sales strategy
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the existing customer base
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Manage key accounts optimally through strong day-to-day sales & client management and reporting back to management
- Advise clients on effective implementation of technology and on variety management
- Present analysed sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Identify sales growth opportunities and develop marketing and sales plan to implement in order to grow customer base, including other countries in the Mediterranean area.
- Travel, attend conferences
Applicants need to submit cover letter, CV by mail to JP Barnard at: