- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Head of Global Sales - Netherlands or Israel
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
Lighting Applications Specialist
P.L. Light Systems, located in Beamsville, Ontario is a leading manufacturer of horticultural lighting systems and we are experiencing rapid growth. As a result, we have a unique career opportunity for a dynamic, focused and results driven Lighting Applications Specialist who is looking for a new role.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this role is responsible for the design of the best possible lighting solution for the customer's needs by way of determining and validating the photometric application of lighting layouts― generating light plan documents that include lighting layouts, point-by-point calculations, renderings, etc.
- Performing lighting calculations, photometric layouts and application renderings
- Assisting with product selection, design layout, and lighting calculations
- Collaborating with the sales managers and clients to validate and suggest lighting solutions for new and existing projects
- Collaborating with the technical team on product development projects
- Supporting the marketing team with photometric diagrams, lighting plots and other data for various marketing materials
- Assisting with in-house and collaborative research with third-party industry and academic partners
- Perform other duties and projects as required, from time to time
- Operate in alignment with the mission and vision of P.L. Light Systems and its established processes and procedures, performing all duties in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere to the PL Light Systems Code of Conduct for workplace decorum
Based in Beamsville, Ontario – servicing the US & Canadian markets.
Fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Post-secondary qualification in lighting design / horticultural technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the lighting and/or horticultural fields.
- Experience with lighting calculation software (Dialux, Relux, Calculux, AGI32 or similar) is a distinct asset.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, the ability to think outside the box, and perform withlimited supervision
- Solid relationship management / customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams as well as with both internal and external stakeholders
- Positive attitude, non-confrontational personality
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time with a high level of accuracy and delivering feedback to relevant departments or people with time sensitive deadlines with limited supervision
- Detail oriented, able to find definitive answers, and deliver recommended solutions and courses of action
- Familiarity with horticultural lighting would provide a distinct advantage
- Fluent communicator in the field of Lighting application
- Fosters collaboration and strong networks in the lighting community
- Ability to simplify ideas/concepts for those not familiar with lighting
- Knowledge of lighting components, technologies, materials and methods is a plus
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
This is a full-time, permanent role with a salary commensurate with experience, annual bonus, group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and RRSP matching.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm in our office, located in Beamsville just off the QEW and South Service Rd., near the Hamilton area.
If you are looking for a new professional challenge, please send your customized resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. We want to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest. Note: only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted. Applicants requiring accommodations are requested to contact HR about their needs.