- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
- Propagation Specialist
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
Fruit Growing Manager
A well-established Grower & Exporter based in Kenya with over fifty years in the Horticultural business is seeking to employ a Group Fruit Growing Manager to oversee all current operations on it’s 250Ha Avocado Plantation comprising of three farms & future 150+ Ha expansion as well as Passion Fruit and Berries. The manager will be responsible for:
- Delivery, through appropriate plans and in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures, the vision, mission, and objectives of the Group
- Maximize yields using best in industry practices to achieve business plan & budget targets!
- Ensure that all input costs are maintained & within budget target!
- Guide, mentor and empower farm managers at the farms to ensure smooth, efficient, sustainable, and profitable operations.
- Ensure all farm managers have the necessary skills, competencies, and motivation to deliver the company’s vision and achieve budgets sustainably without compromising the quality.
- In consultation with the MD prepare annual business and operations plan/budget, including capital expense budgets and present the same to the Board for approval. On need basis short term forecasts to be prepared.
- Constantly endeavor to innovate and improve the processes with cost reduction in mind.
- Ensure all farms maintain audit standards such as Fairtrade, ETI, etc., always and throughout the year.
- Working closely with consultant and ensure that all recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Managing Farm equipment and assets in good condition with regular servicing of the same.
- To set targets and goals with measurable KPI’s for all farm & production managers.
- Oversee adherence to laid down production, harvesting and post-harvest codes of practice.
- Ensure the preparation and presenting of monthly production, packhouse and other management reports to the board.
- Direct the planning and managing of farm operations and farm business administration.
- Ensure safety in all staff operations through adherence to safety regulations when conducting farm operations.
- Ensure production, farm records, operating costs and other farm data are well maintained.
- Monitoring performance and productivity of employees
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- Degree / Higher Diploma in Agriculture / Horticulture
- Minimum of eight years’ experience working in the Fruit growing industry, preferably with Avocado
- Experienced in the use of drip & computerized irrigation / fertigation systems.
- Efficient, diligent, meticulous, analytical and thrives under pressure.
Other essential attributes sought are good business acumen, maturity, organized, self- motivated, integrity and team player.
- Demonstrated ability to have impact on business results.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Not later than 15th June 2023