Top 5 - yesterday
- "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- The use of microorganisms in the plant’s production
- CAN (ON): Migrant farm workers game up for Greenhouse Cup tourney
- "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
About the Organisation
Flavorite is the largest Australian glasshouse producer of fresh fruit and vegetables and a leader within the Horticulture Industry. We have an innovative and sustainable approach to farming and are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities.
We are committed to supporting great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
With several Flavorite sites located across Victoria, this role is based at our Tatura location which currently employs up to 250 employees.
About the opportunity:
An exciting newly created position exists for a Maintenance Manager to lead the Maintenance team at Flavorite’s growing Tatura, VIC site.
As the Maintenance Manager you will be primarily responsible for the coordination and supervision of work, employees and contractors for all maintenance conducted on site in relation to upkeep of farm infrastructure, grounds, plant, and equipment.
Managing a team of 5 maintenance professionals, you will have site wide responsibilities to ensure that the team complete maintenance works in a safe, productive, and cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Operations and Special Projects Manager, the role will suit an experienced candidate who is passionate about maintenance, continuous improvement, and contributing towards a positive and proactive maintenance culture.
Further, the role is ideal for an experienced people leader who is driven to develop their team by providing clear and motivating communication and direction, encouraging team members development, and supporting them to achieve work order goals and targets.
· Manage workloads through supervision, delegation and work order prioritisation
· Development of maintenance training programs, design, delivery, implementation and tracking
· Develop and manage maintenance labour and expense budget
· Manage contractors to follow company policy ensuring quality of workmanship and budget KPI’s are achieved
· Report weekly on work orders including completion, overdue and completed past due date
· Create, monitor and manage SWMS, risk assessments and standard operating procedures
· Participate in CAP-EX budgeting / costing / paybacks by providing timely and accurate data
· Performance management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPI’s, employee development and engagement
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Relevant trade qualification or equivalent practical experience
· Previous experience in similar role
· Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to safe working practices
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships through all levels of the organisation
· Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about Flavorite and to apply for this role, please visit our website www.flavorite.com.au/people
If you would like further information, please contact email@example.com