Top 5 - yesterday
- "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- The use of microorganisms in the plant’s production
- CAN (ON): Migrant farm workers game up for Greenhouse Cup tourney
- "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
Job Wanted as a Grower/Head Grower
Muhammad Iqbal (PhD, DIC)
4536 Anderson Ave Comber ON N0P 1J0 Canada
Cell: +1 226 787 6700
Job Wanted as a Grower/Head Grower
At my jobs I had the responsibilities of managing greenhouse operations for quality production of tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, and leafy greens. I have sound operational knowledge of greenhouse climate/irrigation control systems such as Priva, Hoogendoorn and Argus.
I have extensive growing, teaching, research and development, integrated pest management and project management experience. In addition, I have excellent organizational and team management skills.
Feb. 2022 – Feb. 2023 Head Grower, Sensei Ag Leamington, Ontario, Canada
• Managed 10 acres of leafy greens, and strawberry growing operations including lettuce propagation, transplanting, harvesting, and packing. Managed greenhouse climate and irrigation through Priva. Trained assistant growers, supervisors, IPM scouts and workers for quality lettuce and strawberry production.
April 2018 – Feb. 2022 Grower/Production Manager at Great Northern Hydroponics (Soave Agricultural Group), Kingsville, Ontario, Canada
• Managed 50 acres of tomatoes growing operations including planting, crop management, training workers, supervisors, assistant growers, managing irrigation, climate, insect pests and diseases, nutrient/tissue analysis, recirculation through pasteurization, and other related tasks for quality and quantity production of tomatoes.
August 2013 – March 2018 Head Grower at Greengrow Greenhouses, Fenwick, Ontario, Canada
• Managed 18 acres of cucumbers growing operations including planting, fertigation, greenhouse climate control, Integrated Pest Management (IPM), , nutrient recirculation through ozonation, labour management, workers training, food safety, health safety, record keeping, nutrient solution/tissue analysis and other related tasks to have quality production of cucumbers.
June 2008 – June 2013 Associate Professor at the University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
• Taught Entomology at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Trained students, and farmers for quality production of vegetables in low to medium greenhouses.
April 2005 – April 2008 Grower at New Castle Farms and West Pointe Greenhouses, Leamington, Ontario, Canada
• Managed 35 acres of greenhouse tomatoes both tomatoes-on-vines (TOV’s) and beefsteak
• Handled multitude responsibilities of greenhouse including fertigation system, climate control, identification of insect pests, biological and chemical control of insect pests and diseases, nutrient recirculation through ozonation system.
• Assisted the labour manager and supervisors in workers’ training, labour and time management.
October 1999 – December 2004 Lecturer (Entomology) at the University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
• Taught Entomology at undergraduate and graduate levels
• Provided assistance in laboratory settings, insect collection, insect rearing, insect identification, bioassays, data analysis and report writing.
• Conducted examinations, supervised research students and reported their results.
August 1996 – September 1999 Project Manager at Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) Pakistan
• Conducted studies on insecticide resistance in major insect pests of field crops.
• Conducted standardized bioassays to evaluate resistance levels and bioefficacy of commercial insecticides.
• Reported results to sponsoring pesticide companies.
• Provided technical assistance to government officials regarding pesticide resistance and suggested restricted use of unsafe pesticides.