- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Vacancy Quality and Compliance Manager
Who we are?
SMARTKAS is a fast-growing company that is committed to food security in the broadest sense of the term. The aim is to grow local to serve local. Our products are grown in a sustainable and clean way, without pesticides. We are an international company that is always looking for motivated people with the desire to learn and grow.
As a Smart Farm Compliance Manager you work in a dynamic environment and you support the production process. You will have the opportunity to be part of a state of the art facility, where the future of agriculture is being shaped.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a quality and compliance who is able to define the quality specifications for our products in line with customer requirements, ensure the quality assurance practices are laid out in the ground and execute with teams in the ground.
On the compliance side, the person will be responsible for communication and managing our compliance and auditing between the Growing, Picking and Packing teams.
- Quality specifications
- Conduct detailed study from end customers and the offtakers on what does quality mean
- Detail out the specifications based on the requirements of the end customers
Quality control procedures
- Once the specifications are laid out, create the quality control procedures that needs to implemented to avoid any quality problems
- Train the quality team leaders on the ground to carry out the quality control procedures
- The entire team has to be trained on the quality control procedures and they should have complete knowledge of what quality actually means
- The manager must also carry out visual management of the quality control so that the team understands what quality control actually means
Management of compliance and audit
- Support growing, picking and packing teams on daily operation assessments
- Ensure compliance paperwork for our offtaker(s) and retailer(s) is accurately and fully recorded and saved.
- Ensure all latest versions of documentation are effectively set up on internal management systems.
- Support growing, picking and packing teams with closing any food safety, integrity and legality compliance gaps.
- Conduct and support all internal and external audits.
Management of growing compliance
- Discuss and address any quality, food safety, integrity, authenticity and legality compliance issues with growing team
- Liaise with clients to manage the internal and external auditing schedules
- Manage our successful BRCGS, TNC, LEAF, Assured Produce, etc. audits
- Ensure any non-conformances and concerns are addressed and resolved. Audits are visible and fully completed on Customer platforms.
Management and testing protocols
- Managing the Quality Manual System to ensure we are completing our annual tests andrequired training.
- Ensure the accurate and timely communication of testing results
- Manage and proactively resolve any issues arising, related to compliance or audits
- Implementation of Environmental Site swabbing
- Implementation and correct use of Metal Detection equipment
Coordination of QC / hold notice reports
- Manage the communication of QC hold notices to packing line team
- Attend regular meetings with growing, picking and packing line team to ensure that we are up to date in terms of knowing any supply challenges
- Oversee management of all compliance and auditing and ensure all responsibilities are completed both accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis on issues to try to implement new best practice and continuous improvement
- Support, development and alteration of new and existing systems to fit the reporting and management needs of the business.
Company Initiatives and Compliance
- Coordinate the Health and Safety management on site\
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience of working with databases including report generation and analysis.
- A minimum of Level 3 HACCP.
- A minimum of Level 3 in Food Safety.
Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in the fresh produce industry.
- Experience of working to fresh produce industry and retailer audit and compliance standards.
- Relevant knowledge and experience would include
- Computer Literate.
- Receptiveness to change within a fast moving industry.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external personnel.
- Able to work within a team but can use own initiative and work independently.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high attention to detail.
- Proven Time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines.
- IT Skills – Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint software applications.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Clean and modern working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Growth opportunities and possibility of relocation
If you feel like this could be the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Send an e-mail to email@example.com
This position is based in Oude Meer, you need to live in the Netherlands and preferably in the Amsterdam area.