- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Manager of Operations
Have you always wanted to live and work abroad?. This is your change to combine career with a unique life experience.
Full-time · Ethiopia
What does your job as Manager Operations at Florensis entail?
At our production sites in Ethiopia, we work with approx. 1600 employees on the production of millions of cuttings for the garden plant market.
You will ensure that the focus remains on delivering operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
Through your inspiring and motivating way of managing and coaching, you will make sure that the operational departments work effectively and efficiently, and you will ensure an adequate and efficient system of nut plant establishment. The focus will be to secure and coordinate all operational activities at the company in such a way that agreed goals and kpi's will be reached. You will manage around 700 FTEs.
You will manage the procedures related to the implemented quality systems and develop, coordinate, facilitate and implement project and operational department plans aimed at the optimal design and continuous improvement of the production process, both process-related and technical. You will communicate effectively with internal stakeholders as well as with suppliers and customers.
You can make a difference in a complex and constantly changing environment. You have at least a bachelor's degree in horticulture and at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position. You have good communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written. In addition, you are willing to settle in Ethiopa in the coming years.
To do your job well, you have extensive knowledge of plant cultivation and cuttings production. It certainly helps if you have already gained work experience in Africa and/or have knowledge of the European ornamental plant industry.
Together with the management team, you are the driving force for the site's output. This means that you have the quality to give and keep focus and direction, you do not get distracted by the daily operations. You are an example when it comes to ownership and so you also encourage your colleagues to get the best out of themselves every day.
What we offer you
A varied position within a dynamic, international and growing organisation with short communication lines, a pleasant atmosphere and a no-nonsense culture.
And of course an exiting working environment at hour production site in Ethiopia.
Does this sound like the job for you? And do you think you would enjoy being part of Florensis? Click here to apply for this job. An assessment may be included in the recruitment procedure.
Self-employed workers, temping agencies or recruitment agencies do not have to respond to this vacancy.