- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- "Even light intensity at every spot in the greenhouse"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
Managing Director, UK
Luonnosta is a fast-growing Finnish trading company operating in the fresh produce sector. Founded on principles that ensure fairness and a close working partnership with its suppliers, it has grown to become the leading exporter of vegetables in Finland.
Established in 1986 by Finnish potato farmers, Luonnosta’s main products are potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbages, beetroots and organic avocados. Overall, nearly half of the company’s income comes from export, import or trading outside of Finland and from its based in northern Finland it has established a broad international network of partner organisations and customers. An important part of Luonnosta’s culture is their flexible and supportive approach. With a mission to supply all its customers with exactly the right kind of produce for their needs, it places great importance on working only with equally professional suppliers and instils tight quality control arrangements. This agile approach and attention to quality ensures it can respond quickly to matching customer requirement with the produce it has available or support customers by locating products they have been unable to source themselves.
Building on its current strategy to develop its international business and networks, Luonnosta is now looking to grow its UK operations and would like to appoint a Managing Director, UK. Candidates for this appointment will develop Luonnosta’s new business venture from the ground, up. They will be the first person employed in the organisation and will be responsible for building the operation and bring together an innovate and energetic team. Luonnosta has a current UK portfolio across several produce lines but recognises there is huge scope to increase this. Candidates will be experienced commercial leaders and bring established networks from across the fresh produce sector. They will be able to demonstrate a commitment to a mission-driven business and have a track record of leading a business, or substantial business unit, to deliver growth in the UK and European markets.
Working in line with the wider goals of Luonnosta’s board and shareholders, they will steer the company in the most profitable direction, while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as an employment agency advisor to the Luonnosta on this appointment. For further information about the role, including details about how to apply, please visit www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference HBFJA. Alternatively telephone +44 (0)20 7227 0880 (during office hours). Applications should be received by noon on 12 December 2022.