- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Greenhouse and Facility Support Professional
The Greenhouse and Facility Support Professional will manage aspects of crop production research in Greenhouse environments with the goal of maximizing yields and quality while building a collaborative relationship with our CEA program team staff and external service/vendor providers. This position will also provide expertise and technical support to the Center’s facilities and operations. The candidate is also expected to provide expertise and technical support to the Center’s facilities and operations.
- Monitor and assure all environmental growing conditions (temperature, humidity, moisture, light, VPD) are at standard quality levels
- Use greenhouse control systems and provide oversight/inputs to program leaders
- Plan, coordinate, and execute procedures that align with program CEA needs and objectives
- Establish and monitor SOPs for CEA activities
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environment for crop and employees
- Maintain inventory and in coordination with CEA leads purchase growing supplies such as fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides
- Insure timely sanitation & maintenance of greenhouse facilities
- Predict and manage unexpected climatic and operational events
- Analyze simple to complex greenhouse issues and develop solutions
- Provide formal and informal updates to program leaders
- Facilitate work with vendors and contractors
- Tracking objectives and milestones
- Evaluate and provide inputs for research and capital projects
- Identify opportunities for collaborative private-public partnerships
- Build and maintain professional relationships with external partners/collaborators
- Provide support during field days and project demonstrations
- Performs other duties assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, or Plant Science
- 6 years related experience, which includes experience managing crop production systems and experience in greenhouse control systems.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to manage a variable work schedule around the crop needs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and projects updates
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Other Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Familiarity with Greenhouse systems and crop management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to troubleshoot Greenhouse Climate controls
- Direct experience in Horticulture, commercial greenhouse experience preferred, but not required.
To apply: Go to https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AgriLife_Research_External/details/Greenhouse-and-Facility-Support-Professional_R-053655-1?q=greenhouse. Please include a resume, three references, and a cover letter highlighting your experience and interest in this position.
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.