Top 5 -yesterday
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
Top 5 -last month
Full-time Product Developer
Product Developer (m/f)
[Full-time] permanent position
Sakata Vegetables Europe is a subsidiary of Sakata Seed Corporation (Japan) and is responsible for the development and expansion of the activities across the EMEA area. With our wide array of vegetable seeds, we want to create a confidence-based relationship with our customers, working to our age-old motto of Quality, Reliability and Service.
Working closely with the Sales department you will actively participate to select and define the product portfolio and development of our sales turnover.
Your challenge is to strengthen our position for Northern Europe markets through product development mainly in Netherlands. Your area to give support can extend to Germany, Scandinavian countries and surrounding borders. Your personal input will make the difference.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organizing, overseeing and executing all processes of field trials for pre-commercial and commercial varieties with external partners, in close relationship with Area Managers, Product Managers and Breeders,
- Managing the evaluation and development of new varieties, positioning our varieties in the right slot and segment,
- Recording and analyzing data,
- Presenting results to sales, marketing and research teams and updating about local market trends and requirements
- Investigating and testing new material,
- Writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications,
- Organizing and overseeing fields demo, attending events for customers,
- Visiting customers for trials related aspects
This position requires to travel extensively in Netherlands and occasionally to other EU countries. Under the responsibility of the respective Sales Manager, working with the other departments as Marketing and Research teams abroad will be key to succeed.
We are looking for candidates with experience in trials management in Northern European countries, preferably in the vegetables/seeds sector. A degree and/or very good knowledge in agronomy/horticulture is preferred. The position requires an important level of autonomy as well as precision and accuracy in executing and reporting trials. Strong communication skills and the ability to build up good relations with growers and internal clients are important to succeed in this position.
You are a highly disciplined professional with excellent organisational and planning skills, and you can also demonstrate high flexibility and reliability. You have the capacity to adapt yourself to many different cultures and environments as well as being able to demonstrate good teamwork skills. It is mandatory to be fluent in English and Dutch, (reading, writing and speaking), other language skills are also desirable. A comprehensive understanding and control of computer skills are also vital.
This position is available as soon as possible and is home-office based in Netherlands. If this matches your project, please send us your application in English (Resume + Cover letter), before 2022 July 29th, by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.