- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- Finland: Robots will pollinate vegetables in greenhouses
- 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Multi award winning, family owned and operated production nursery suppling containerised plants to customers nationally is seeking an experienced grower to join the management team of this successful company. The role of Production Manager is a key position and you would be responsible for all production operations extending to; capacity planning and reporting, labour planning; procurement; people supervision, management and development as well as oversight of compliance quarantine protocols and work health and safety.
In brief your job will be to ensure the following is successfully delivered:
Operational and Capacity Planning / Reporting – Preparation and execution of production plans ensuring maximum utilisation of all resources (labour, equipment, growing areas, consumables) this includes regular preparation and presentation of production reports and metrics.
Plant Propagation – Ensuring delivery of quality young plants in a timely and efficient manner as per production schedule forecasts extending to planting, irrigation, spraying and cultural requirements.
Plant Production – Ensuring delivery of quality, container grown plants in a timely and efficient manner as per production schedule forecasts extending to planting, irrigation, spraying and cultural requirements.
Procurement – Overseeing site procurement needs including goods and services, inventory systems, site transportation and logistics.
Leadership and development – Provide sound leadership, development, and supervision of all production personnel with the focus on maintaining a competent and robust team which successfully delivers its objectives.
Health and Safety – Champion and bring to life the 4 cultural pillars of Care, Timeliness, Accuracy and
Communication across all team members. Promote high standards of workplace health and safety ensuring compliance with internal and external safety policies and procedures. Drive strong safety performance culture.
We encourage you to apply if you meet the following criteria
- Previous experience in supervising or managing a production nursery
- Minimum education level of a Diploma in Horticulture (Production Nursery) or equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications in Ag Science, Agri-Business, Economics or similar is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and report on operating costs using basic accounting/finance systems
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure & fast-paced environment.
- Solid communication, leadership & supervision skills to respond effectively to day-to-day people issues.
Lewis Horticulture is a second generation, family owned and operated intensive horticulture operation comprising of Wholesale production nursery, High Density Olive Grove and Pomegranate Orchard.
Located on a 30 Ha site on the Northern Adelaide Plains this temperate climate facility produces quality container grown plant for customers nationally, award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Premium fresh Pomegranate fruit for provedores around the country.
Producing around 500 different genus in container sizes ranging from 80mm – 330mm with best of class offerings in both indoor and outdoor categories. This is a rewarding but demanding position which requires a talented and driven individual who is organised, efficient and wants to continually learn and improve.
At Lewis’s we are passionate about our plants and our people. We take the time to cultivate and invest in our people’s capabilities to help them grow, prosper, and succeed. If you think that you can champion this role then please email your CV to email@example.com