- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- Finland: Robots will pollinate vegetables in greenhouses
- 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Oz Group is a 100% Australian farmer owned Co-operative that specialises in the growing, packing and selling of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries into the domestic and export markets.
The Co-operative has seen significant growth and success in recent times and is now well positioned for further growth, development, and consolidation.
About the role
Our Agronomists work with our innovative growers to bring about positive changes in the berry industry and wider community. We are looking for an experienced berry agronomist to work alongside management and growers to increase production and improve berry crops whilst managing weeds, pests, and soil quality. They will also be required to plan, implement, monitor, and review the growers’ production methods with the aim of supporting our growers to produce a consistent best practice berry crop.
We are looking for a confident agronomist with passion and enthusiasm who will seek out new and exciting methodologies, and work with government and industry bodies to capitalise on the success and growth that the berry industry is experiencing.
To apply for this role the Agronomist must have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Agriculture, Agronomy and Crop Science or Horticulture
- Horticultural background and experience with berries
- Knowledge of legislative requirements regarding chemicals, fertilizer usage particularly in relation to blueberries
- Experience in pest and disease management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with others from diverse and/or non-English speaking backgrounds
- Current driver’s licence and the ability to confidently drive a 4WD off road and in various conditions
Email your resume and cover letter addressing the above to email@example.com
Applications close COB 24th June 2022 but will be reviewed weekly.