- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- 12 horticultural robots to keep an eye out for
- O’Hanlon Fresh Herbs improves crop production with innovative rolling gutter system
- Autonomous UV-C robotic technology coming to market for powdery mildew control in greenhouses
- "With the right tools, the grower can control more and larger greenhouses simultaneously"
- HS Evolution Pot increases strawberry cultivation in customised substrate
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Autonomous robots can pick up to 25,000 raspberries per day
- 32 acres of high-wire greenhouse available for lease in Tehachapi, CA
Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
Nursery Production Manager
- Be part of a global leading brand
- New modern facility spread over 49 ha
- Employer sponsored visa including PR + relocation
- Attractive salary + performance incentives
An exciting opportunity for someone with strong operational planning and leadership skills looking for that next step in their career in a role that you can grow along with the team around you.
Due to continued growth and investment we have recently commissioned a new state-of-the-art nursery foundation facility with plans to scale from 1ha of production to up to 12 ha in 2 years. Reporting directly to site management, we are seeking an experienced production manager to oversee all substrate operations extending to; capacity planning and reporting; labour planning; procurement; people supervision and management; as well as oversight of compliance with site workplace health and safety, and clean stock protocols. In a nutshell, your job will be to ensure the following is carried out:
- Operational & Capacity Planning/Reporting: Preparation and execution of production plans ensuring maximum utilisation of labour, equipment, and resources, as well as generating regular production reports and metrics.
- Plant Propagation: Ensuring timely and efficient execution of all operational and plant propagation plans to deliver to forecasts, extending to planting, irrigation, spraying, husbandry, and planting activities.
- Procurement: Overseeing site procurement needs including goods and services and maintenance of inventory systems, as well as oversight of site transportation and logistic activities.
- Leadership: Providing sound supervision and leadership to teams with overall accountability for production supervision, irrigation, nursery hands and irrigation operations.
- Health & Safety: Promoting high standards of workplace health and ensuring compliance with internal and external safety policies and procedures. Drive a strong safety performance culture with engagement across all levels in production across safety activities.
We encourage you to apply if you meet the following criteria
- Previous experience in supervising or managing production within the hort/agri sector.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Tertiary qualifications in Agri-Business, Economics or similar is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to prepare and report on operating costs using basic accounting/finance systems
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure & fast-paced environment.
- Solid leadership & supervision skills to respond effectively to day-to-day people issues.
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply. To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com