- General Packhouse Manager - Beja, Portugal
- Operations Manager - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Having all the stakeholders together gave us the tools to fight ToBRFV effectively”
- Warning system to warn nurseries against fungal attacks
- South Africa: Hydroponic strawberries where sugarcane used to grow
- Management of whiteflies in tomato by using different control methods
- New courses at Priva Academy in collaboration with HortiTech
Top 5 -last week
- New record yield for Dutch greenhouse: 121 kg per m2
- New automatic hydroponic growing systems were launched at 22nd China hi-tech fair
- "Depending on their gas contracts, lettuce growers might leave their greenhouse empty for a while"
- Photo report: Growtech Antalya 2021
- 2-acre demonstration and R&D facility to be built in Ruthven, Ontario
Top 5 -last month
Manager Operations (MT-member), USA
Are you open for an exciting challenge to manage the internal logistics & production of top quality bulbflowers in the USA, to further optimize and implement the desired automation and to steer sales in the right direction? We are ready to discuss confidentially with you on behalf of Bloomia,
Manager Operations (MT-member), USA
coach, analytical, stress resistant with practical attitude
Office: King George, Virginia (1 hour drive from Washington DC)
Bloomia Groep is an international organization of bulbs and bulbflower production companies with branches in The Netherlands, North America, South Africa and Chile.Bloomia USA is a fast-growing and innovative company specializing in the year-round production of tulips on water. Production takes place in a 6 ha very modern state-of-the-art greenhouse complex with advanced climate control (heating, cooling, etc.). Business goes through direct sales to various major retailers across North America. The corporate culture is no-nonsense, open, direct and jointly supported.Bloomia USA shall increase production more than double in the coming years by means of further automation of the production process and the use of a fully automated container system. In order to steer this growth in the right direction, we are looking for a driven Operational Manager to strengthen the management team.
After an introduction period on different sites you will start working at the production location in Virginia, USA.You will be the right-hand man to the General Manager (GM) of Bloomia USA.You monitor and facilitate the entire operational process (bulb -> flower -> bouquet -> customer). You coordinate the mutual processes between the different departments in a way you minimize the loss of flowers and you continuously improve and optimize the internal (logistical & production) processes. You take care of the planning, deliver forecasts and you benefit from the automated information system (SAP). You think ahead.You support the GM with internal order processing, monitor the company and team objectives (establish KPIs), make improvement proposals within the MT and take up (new) projects.You are / will be actively involved in the (millions of) investment and implementation of the fully automated container system and the impact on the current process and organizational structure.You report to the GM.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Relevant agricultural Bsc education with a specialization in business economics or business administration;
- Experience in and affinity with the agricultural sector; knowledge of floriculture or hydroponic production is an advantage;
- Knowledge of automated information systems for production, processing and marketing;
- IT knowledge and / or affinity with IT;
- Leadership skills, ability to plan and organize;
- Result-oriented, driven and stress resistant;
- Able to work both independently and in a team with a great sense of responsibility;
- Excellent command of the English language; basic knowledge of the Spanish and Dutch language is an advantage (inhouse language is English and Spanish);
- Willingness to settle in USA.
Offer Bloomia USA
A challenging and versatile job and collaboration with a motivated team in an informal atmosphere. Full attention to personal development and enough space for personal input and initiative. Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions.Bloomia contributes to the collective health insurance, thinks along with the choice of accommodation and provides transport.Guidance on the visa process if necessary and a contribution of additional costs.
Are you interested in this independent, versatile and varied position in the USA or do you need more information, please contact Johan Grootscholten, managing partner / senior consultant of Green Career Consult, available via mobile number +31 6 38976049. Applications preferably by email to Johan Grootscholten, firstname.lastname@example.org
An assessment is part of the procedure.
Company movie of Bloomia USA:
Bloomia USA has exclusively selected Green Career Consult as the only recruitment partner for this vacancy.
Green Career Consult is a specialized agency for Recruitment and Career Coaching, which focuses in particular on companies and employees active in the Agribusiness, (Glass) Horticulture and Food sectors. Candidates we mediate and supervise have a number of years of work experience and are prepared for a career in Agribusiness and Food by means of an Bsc or University education. Green Career Consult is a committed, practical and result-oriented service provider with an eye for the fact every person is unique and has its own personality, special skills and specific knowledge. We strive to forge lasting relationships with the organizations and candidates we work for.
More information can be found www.greencareerconsult.nl