- Assistant Manager - Perth, Tasmania
- Laboratory Manager: Nematology - Stevensville (ON) Canada
- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Growing more quality with less, AgTech in hydroponics is part of the solution”
- "Transparent solar panels offer opportunities in energy transition"
- "Philippines offer great potential for coco substrate market"
- Electricity for the people, heat for the plants
- Brimato: a grafted plant that grows both tomato and eggplant
Top 5 -last month
Chief Executive Officer
We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 8 divisions worldwide that handle fruits & vegetables across 65+ countries. Our company has been featured four times in the INC 5000’s annual list of fastest growing companies (2017 Inc 5000 #923, 2019 Inc 5000 #1587, 2020 Inc 5000 #1899, & 2021 Inc 5000 #1,086).
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who are disrupting the global fresh produce industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It is about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level - literally - with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up into the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we are there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
Watch our team video here: https://youtu.be/ArggXExh0EM
- Don’t be an asshole (excellent service to customers, suppliers, and fellow team members)
- Quick action
- Team player
- Understand the value of reputation
Chief Executive Officer
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to continue our growth and takes us to the next level as a company. This position replaces the current CEO (owner). Primarily responsible for driving future growth through strategic hiring, grower partnerships, vertical integration, co-packing opportunities, and driving sales through retail channels. Included in this role is responsibility for directing and managing market competitiveness, pricing, compensation, distribution, and channel strategies. This goal is achieved by providing leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company’s vision and values.
Option to choose between relocating to Las Vegas Nevada USA, or working remotely from home (anywhere in the world) as long as you’re in a time zone equivalent to USA or Europe working hours.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Role model the Guiding Principles and continually reinforce the Terra Exports culture.
- Provide enterprise leadership by developing, inspiring, and instilling confidence in team members.
- Define and execute the strategic plan, in concert with Terra’s multiple divisions, to advance the Company’s Vision.
- Seek and identify market needs, product requirements, competitive information, and other knowledge essential for our strategic efforts.
- Negotiate seasonal contracts with growers, packers, & shippers.
- Identify vertical integration opportunities through land acquisition and grower partnerships.
- Hire top talent to fill multiple roles at Terra Exports as the company continues to grow.
- Develop annual market growth plans, manage budgets, review structure, and establish clear management processes and expectations to deliver results.
- Ensure that the sales pipeline is managed proactively from target identification, through prospect development and the proposal development process, concluding with effective positioning and presentation to win the business.
- Ensure that existing business is managed proactively to mitigate risks, identify growth opportunities, and expand margin.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships to foster mutual beneficial goals, including international suppliers.
- Achieve case and margin growth in all existing business segments. Identify new segments in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Preserve, champion, and leverage the Terra Exports brands to establish our market position as a leader of quality fresh produce.
- Oversee and monitor key indicators at all levels to insure added economic value to the Company.
- Identify acquisition opportunities to further the Vision and Strategy of the Company.
- Present strategic progress and results to ownership.
- Direct Company budget process and business plans.
- Own the Company’s financial statements and conduct daily, weekly and monthly review of financial statements to ensure accuracy, timeliness and financial objectives are met.
- Collaborate with peers on a regular basis to establish best practices, alignment, and accomplishment of overall company goals.
- Drive change and innovation through continually seeking and implementing transformational solutions for customers, team members, and supply chain partners.
- Review the results of operations and objectives quarterly with the Board of Directors.
- Experience working in a global or multi-national fresh produce company.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent (graduate degree preferred).
- Respectful, constructive, energetic with a “get it done” style, with the ability to seamlessly fit into an established and growing team.
- Highly developed data skills - analysis, comprehension, reporting, and decision making.
- Keen grasp of industry issues.
- Basic computer skills - Email, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, local regulations, and fresh produce industry.
- Ability to develop financial plans, interpret financial data, and understand general accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of leadership, communication, and public relation techniques to interact with a variety of people.
- Work requires professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to inspire teams and associates towards successful goal accomplishment.
- Proven ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Proven experience in developing long-term relationships with partnering organizations.
- Decisiveness and willingness to take well-reasoned risks.
- Tech savvy with various programs including MS Office Suite.
Competitive salary based on experience, plus benefits (depending on location), and incentives based on achieving goals.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com. Thank you!