Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
Young Plant Program Manager (WA)
Van Wingerden Greenhouses, Inc is based in Blaine, Washington. We are a commercial greenhouse supplying plugs and liners to greenhouses throughout North America as well as a wholesaler of primarily annual plants to stores in the Pacific Northwest, and a retail garden center in Blaine.
The Young Plant Program Manager is responsible for the daily operations and management of the Young Plant Program. He/she will work closely with the Young Plant Program sales manager, the seeders, the growers, the plant maintenance manager, customers, and the shipping manager to produce and deliver the highest quality plant starts available. The successful candidate will have advanced spreadsheet skills, attention to detail, able to work long hours in busy season, and manage a budget. Spanish speaking is a plus.
Who You Are:
This individual will ensure the product is seeded or stuck, grown, and shipped to the customers as requested. He/she will provide all necessary materials and tools for the employees to do their job to the best of their ability and manage seasonal staff requirements. Compensation will be in line with experience and include medical insurance and participation in a 401k.
Please email email@example.com with your resume/c.v. and cover letter. Position will ideally be filled for August 1st.