Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
Junior Grower - Avoine, France
Le Jardin de Rabelais, Avoine, France.
Le Jardin de Rabelais is a family own company, growing high quality tomatoes for more than 30 years. We are members of “Demain la Terre”, a group of growers gathered around a common project of sustainable development.
We have currently 17 ha of glasshouse, including 8 ha semi closed greenhouse. We grow year-round and have 14 ha LED light.
We are building a new 3 ha semi close greenhouse, and we are looking for a junior grower to take care of this new facility.
The tasks of the grower will consist of:
- Take care of the climate, irrigation,
- Monitor crops daily,
- Take care of the plant balance and plant health factors including fertilizer, irrigation, CO2 dosage, climatic conditions and light conditions.
- In collaboration with the senior grower and the crop consultant : develops and implements growing strategies to optimize plant balance, quality, production and climate conditions.
- Take care of pest and disease scouting, evaluation, and pesticide applications. Ensure that IPM procedures are being maintained
- Cooperates with operations in monitoring quality standards for crop work.
- Monitor and control production and product quality, computerized greenhouse environments, irrigation schedule and CO2 settings, peroxide dosing, nutrient and environmental systems to maintain specified level and conditions.
- Duties will be planned during the Week Ends (when enough experience).
The junior grower should be:
- Passionate about growing tomatoes.
- Able to work independently
- Driven with a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Someone who has a sense of urgency while maintaining high quality standards.
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
The junior Grower reports directly to the senior grower.
Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience. This is a technical job, most of the work is to be done in the greenhouse.
Please contact email@example.com