Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
CEO - Australia
About Duxton Bees
Duxton Bees is a fast-growing beekeeping company that produces honey, beeswax and offers critical pollination to crops across Australia. Currently managing 2,700 hives, they believe there is a substantial opportunity to transform the Australian bee industry and through expanding its operations on a national scale, they aim to be the largest bee company in Australia. As an industry leader, Duxton Bees believes it can be the catalyst for this transformation and will move the industry towards a more consolidated model, allowing for improved pricing and an increase in the exposure of the bee industry locally which benefits both existing and future participants. The bee industry currently provides critical pollination services to the wider horticulture market in Australia - a $9Billion industry - but specifically is critical to the production capability of permanent, irrigated tree crops that have been and continue to be heavily invested in across the Murray Darling basin by both local and foreign investment partners.
About the Role
To reach the scale and business aspirations that Duxton Bees’s investors are aiming for, they require a CEO to join the business who as CEO, will be the driving force within the business. The CEO will act as the key contact for the board of Duxton Bees and for the Duxton Capital Australia investment team. Their primary function will be to build and lead a management team and oversee all facets of the business including strategy, resources and executive decision making to grow the business to its stared goals and beyond, from the ground up.
Skills and Attributes
To be successful in this role, the board believes that due to technical nature of the industry and challenges including biosecurity, managing biological assets and the need to understand and have experienced the operational challenges of running a beekeeping operation of commercial scale, the successful candidate will need to have some relevant bee industry experience. This may have been through exposure to the industry through a leadership and/or operational position in a large scale horticulture operation, a large professionally run family beekeeping operation or through a similar role within a corporate bee operation in other countries. Regardless of your role, the successful candidate must understand bees and bee products including honey, pollination, wax, and queen bees.
Duxton Bees expects that the successful candidate will have experience in either a CEO or senior management position and ideally will possess formal management qualifications - not mandatory but will be highly regarded. Candidates will need to have strong financial and analytical capabilities, however these skills and functions will be supported by Duxton Capital resources. The CEO will need to manage relationships at all levels within industry and with business partners so appropriate communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide range of people will be critical to your success. A remuneration package will be negotiated to secure candidates of the required calibre.
For a confidential discussion please phone
Nigel Crawley on +61 419 320 474 or submit your resume for consideration to
or via this link