Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
Farm Manager - India
Farm Manager Job Description
Profile - General Manager/Farm Manager
Crop - Dragon Fruit
Location - India
Job Duties and Tasks:
1) Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
2) Orchard Management and Growing of Nurseries for Dragon Fruit. Management and selection of varieties for Dragon Fruit. Handling Plant quarantine approvals for imports of plants.
3) Identification of Suitable land for growing Dragon Fruit. Negotiates Farm Land Purchase and Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
4) Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports. Installation and Running of Farm ERP systems.
5) Construction of the Cold Chain at the farm. Determines procedural changes in grading, Storing, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
6) Analyses soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
7) Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
8) Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
9) Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics. Keep in touch with the latest global trends on Dragon Fruit growing.
10) Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
11) Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
12) Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org