Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
We are looking for a grower to be responsible for our new greenhouse expansion. This position will manage all aspects of the crop production with the goal of maximizing yields, exceeding our quality standards and build a collaborative relationship with our production teams.
- Evaluation of seed varieties
- Assist in developing seeding schedules
- Ensure that the growing environment is strategically maintained related to germination, fertility, IPM and climate controls
- Evaluation of the research and capital projects of growing projects
- Manage and mentor growing technicians
- Predict and manage the unexpected
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environments for the crop and employees
- Insure timely sanitation & maintenance of greenhouse facilities
- Take ownership of greenhouse control systems and provide oversight
- Engagement within our food safety program
Physical demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those than an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Physical Demands: The job requires the climbing of ladders, and the ability to walk in and step around growing crops. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, lift, walk and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 4 year degree in a related field to agriculture (crop science etc.) or 3 plus years of experience in similar field.
- Direct experience in farming, commercial greenhouse experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience managing fertility and IPM programs
- Highly computer literate and experience in greenhouse controls
- Experience managing people and well organized
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to manage a variable work schedule around the crop needs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Loves the science in growing
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Desire to be on their feet, making an impact to the healthy plant growth
- Enjoys working with people and being part of a long term healthy culture
Desired certificates, licenses, registrations
- Pest Management Certifications
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Current Driver's License
Born from a culture of innovation, the Tanimura & Antle hydroponics operation is one of the largest greenhouse lettuce operations in the nation. We pride ourselves in being growers first and is our competitive advantage in the indoor farming world. With a 13-year successful track record, we have a success story that builds lasting relationships.
We are growing! Literally in new greenhouse expansions and the vegetables grown inside. We are looking for employees to build upon the Tanimura & Antle greenhouse culture and want to have an impact to local communities. We are committed to indoor advanced technologies while still believing in our people (the farmer) to grow a high quality vegetable.
Located in Overton County, Livingston, Tennessee is a growing community that has a small town atmosphere with a friendly and peaceful environment and reasonable cost of living with no state taxes. A family-oriented, beautiful community, Livingston has breathtaking views, southern hospitality, fairy-tale charm and recreational opportunities such as hiking, fishing, boating and hunting. Livingston is conveniently located with quick access to Cookeville, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga, making Livingston a great place to work, play and live!
Apply at www.taproduce.com/careers