Top 5 -yesterday
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- New dates for GreenTech Americas: 24–26 August 2021
- Australia: Victoria lockdown came in the middle of replanting season
- "Perfectly good graded and packed fresh produce is being dumped"
- Hydroponic pepper farm expands in India
Top 5 -last week
- "We store CO2 from the outside air to make plants grow faster"
- Study on hydroponic lettuce production in hydroponic vertical farm
- Sundrop Farms uses solar to grow tomatoes in the Australian desert
- "Mini-Air soft fruit tunnel gave us maximum control over growing climate"
- "Pollination robots address bottlenecks in tomato crop"
Top 5 -last month
- Two Tanzanians take ‘smart’ hydroponics closer to homes
- High-tech greenhouse grows tomatoes with super-low CO2 emission
- South Africa: How an innovative smaller supplier helped to keep tomatoes on Shoprite shelves
- Strawberries from hydroponic greenhouses in Turkey exported to all over the world
- Scientists discover how to alter colour and ripening rates of tomatoes
Assistant Grower - Chatham (ON) Canada
Under the direction of the Grower, the Assistant Grower will provide the necessary support for our tomato production at Truly Green Farms. In this role, you will quickly gain knowledge and responsibility that will become foundational to all other areas within the greenhouse. Areas included in this position are growing, integrated pest management, and labour management.
• Utiltize Priva Climate to ensure ideal settings are being maintained
• Assess plant health by checking nutrient deficiencies, irrigation, and root health
• Complete weekly plant registration
• Ensure irrigation is consistent at all times
• Ensure substrate moisture is sufficient
• Ensure sufficient fertilizer is mixed
• Consistently walk through the crop to assess plant health pest presence and “real feel” of the climate
• Work with the IPM team to identify pest presence, monitor activity and support strategies to support the health of the plant.
• Proactively assess which tasks need to be completed weekly
• Estimate task completion times to keep labour flowing effectively (i.e. plan switchovers for break/lunch times or beginning/end of the day when possible)
• Train employees on new tasks as needed
• Maintain Priva corrections/adjustments in a timely fashion
• Inspect employee work for quality and productivity
• Create an environment of mutual respect between employees and managers
• Work alongside employees to enhance morale
To Apply: email@example.com