- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
Top 5 -last week
- Cucumber growers share their vision on autonomous greenhouse cultivation
- ToBRFV: first trial results confirm high resistance level
- "Awareness about quality food consumption poses a challenge for Indian horticulture"
- "Technology to help growers seize glasshouse opportunities"
- GreenTech to take place again in September 2021
Top 5 -last month
- How these Malaysian farmers grew the world’s most expensive melons
- "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- Cucumber growers share their vision on autonomous greenhouse cultivation
- "We see an ever-increasing interest in hydroponic growing"
- Construction completed on Pomas Farms
Head of Delivery and Support - Bristol, UK
Head of Delivery and Support at LettUs Grow
An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An introduction to the role:
As Head of Delivery and Support at LettUs Grow, you will be an integral member of the senior management team with overall responsibility for the delivery of LettUs Grow’s products and ongoing support of our customers.
In this role, you will ultimately be in charge of the success of our customer’s projects. You will oversee the delivery teams and contractors for a number of concurrent projects, so you need to be able to keep calm and remain organised no matter what comes up or where in the world we are working. You’ll also be in charge of designing and building our customer support and maintenance teams as well as working with our key strategic partners. It will be important for you to lead by example and show a personable, empathetic side that is key to keeping our customers, partners and staff happy.
In your role, you will attend senior management meetings, provide key logistical information to the senior management team and contribute to high-level company decision making.You will oversee customer hardware and software delivery, manage post delivery support and support your team to deliver our controlled environment farming technology across the UK and worldwide.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
To match experience.
- Overseeing success of long term delivery strategy.
- Design and implement strategies to deliver bespoke customer projects and complex products to clients in the UK and abroad.
- Design and implement strategies to deliver profitable ongoing operations & maintenance, and customer support services.
- Oversee the delivery of all customer projects including project management, client relations, production, assembly, installation and commissioning on time and on budget.
- Oversee all operational processes and supply chains to ensure we are staying true to the LettUs Grow version of the quadruple bottom line: people, planet, plants and profit.
- Forge positive and trusting relationships with all LettUs Grow customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Design, recruit, manage and support your team to deliver products in an organised, safe and timely manner.
- Communicate realistic installation timelines and provide important logistical information to the commercial, product and financial teams.
- Work with the commercial and finance teams to determine the profitability of our products and services.
- Establish the capability to deliver and maintain LettUs Grow products worldwide.
Who are you?
- You’re a tech savvy, self starting operational lead who understands the importance of organisation, responsibility and efficiency.
- You thrive off of laying firm foundations and scaling sustainable operations.
- You’re an approachable and professional individual who cares about forging reputable customer relationships.
- You’re an experienced manager who communicates openly and honestly. You’re able to build a highly effective team, one that is ambitious, supports each other and our customers.
- You’re an inspiring leader who guides and steers your team but also isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves if necessary.
- You’re a flexible and resilient person who is capable of remaining calm and level headed during stressful or new situations.
- You enjoy the little details and thrive in a performance oriented environment.
- You’re open to new ideas, excited by innovation and relish the opportunity to build the farms of the future.
What you need:
- Degree level in operations management or a similar field. We will also accept applicants without a degree but with extensive relevant professional experience.
- Five or more years of professional experience in an operational position.
- Technical engineering project management experience.
- Awareness of working with CDM or other applicable frameworks.
- Experience ensuring environmental principles flow through supply chains and projects, such as ISO 14001.
- Capability to understand complex engineering technical requirements.
- Experience with systems engineering and construction type projects.
- Experience with engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Experience in recruiting and managing teams.
- Experience in project management (for £500k+ projects).
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Experience reviewing legal documents and drafting them with legal support.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications including PRINCE, ISO 9001, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience selecting and liaising with specialist technical contractors.
- Experience working on horticulture or agriculture projects.
- Experience delivering and operating in geographies outside of the UK.
- Experience in arranging partnerships and long term business contracts.
The position is to commence immediately and is full-time at 37.5 hours per week, based in central Bristol. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer. We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, neurodiversity, and/or disability. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human being unique.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as have access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office (when Covid restrictions ease) where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don't, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fueled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.
Apply via this link