- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
- Commercial Manager - United Kingdom or The Netherlands
- Tomato Grower, Chapais - Canada
- Director of UbiGro Sales - California, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada USA
- UbiGro Sales Representative - California, USA
- Greenhouse Crop Specialist - Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "New lettuce concept meets demand for greater convenience for grower and consumer alike"
- Plant-based fertilizer behind first line of USDA certified organic greenhouse lettuce
- "I spent many hours in front of my computer, now I'm connected to nature again"
- Scientists unlock potential to yield “diet” fruit
- "Our goal is to reach more than 400 hectares in the next 3 years"
Top 5 -last month
Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
A new position, a new venture. We’re hiring a Head Grower. This is an exciting opportunity to start from the ground up in our new greenhouse that’s slated for completion this summer. Our 20-acre, state-of-the-art, fully-lit greenhouse is the first of four phases that will encompass 70 acres of tomatoes and strawberries.
This opportunity is an excellent fit for a person looking to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment in the agri-food sector.
In this position, you’ll collaborate with the greenhouse team and lead commercial production and research, which is essential to achieving high-level yields and outcomes. You’ll also play a key role in developing a high-performing culture and team with engaged team members.
About Sunterra Group of Companies:
We’re a dynamic organization that comprises pig production, crop production, greenhouse operations (Sunterra Farms), pork processing (Sunterra Meats), retail locations (Sunterra Market) and Italian cooked and cured meats production (Soleterra d’Italia). We’re dedicated to growing, processing, and marketing quality food products – from our carefully managed farming operations to our unique processors to our enthusiastic and innovative retail team.
Sunterra Farms is located just 80 km northeast of Calgary and a 90-minute drive from Alberta’s Rocky Mountains. We offer the ability to work on a great team, freedom to succeed and grow, a competitive wage, a performance-based bonus, and benefits.
- Train supervisors and team members to ensure we implement innovative processes and develop top talent.
- Provide exceptional leadership that coaches, mentors and grows team members.
- Encourage and foster a positive work environment and team synergy.
- Coordinate an efficient labour flow to ensure high yields that produce exceptional and consistent quality.
- Create reports, including labour, energy, and production.
- Provide current information on our industry and labour market.
- Implement and ensure compliance for food safety, security, and biosecurity protocols.
- Create processes and systems to ensure plant health and root quality, and consistent monitoring and application of nutrients and water levels.
- Implement climate conditions and other processes for optimal crop health.
- Lead, create, develop and implement a successful greenhouse, including pest-management programs, harvesting, control systems, equipment bays, coolers and inventory management.
- Ensure the greenhouse is consistently maintained and highly operational.
- Lead and contribute to research efforts and greenhouse-innovation activities.
- Ensure compliancy for Canada GAP food safety program and other related food-safety and biosecurity processes and create a culture that upholds food safety and biosecurity rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum five-years industry experience in greenhouse operations.
- Proven ability to lead greenhouse team to achieve excellent production.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for plants and people.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a curiosity and drive to be the best.
- Eligible to, or apply, to work in Canada.
How to apply:
If this job description sounds like a fit, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org